Imagination....life

Imagination....life

A Story by gavinmichaels
"

Not truly fiction. I've recently been in this position, but not entirely accurate.

"
It's not about the story but bringing life to the imagination

 

He stared at the blank screen. No new words came to him. Frustration at failure and self recrimination raged within. He had a story to tell, one that people would love. Why couldn't he get it out? Why wouldn't it come? He talked about his story often. People were interested, they all told him his story was great. People followed his story online. Why couldn't he finish it? He shook his head silently at the blank screen, as leaned forward to close the laptop once again on the barren page. It was becoming more and more frequent.

Leaning back, tilting his head, he closed his eyes. In his mind he saw it all happening. The love, betrayal, the battle. It awoke in his mind and played from beginning to end. Like a movie playing in his head. He wanted to share this beauty with everyone else.

"It's to bad I can't just share my imagination." he said aloud the sound of his words echoing in his mind "If only the life found in my head could be shared freely"

Imagination. ...life....and there was his answer. It wasn't that he couldn't tell the story but that he was so focused on the story that he'd forgotten the largest fundamental of writing. He had forgotten to let his imagination bring the story to life with his words or better said let his words bring the imagination to life. So simplistic a truth! His "story" meant nothing if it couldn't inspire the imagination of another.

He laughed aloud, opened his laptop and wrote the line that would inspire him in all his future writing. ..

"It's not about the story but bringing the imagination to life"

© 2014 gavinmichaels


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on May 15, 2014
Last Updated on May 15, 2014