Insert Name Here

Insert Name Here

A Poem by Mari' Emeraude


Your smile overshadows your desire to cry
but I see the sadness beneath those eyes
your soul needs a place to hide and disguise
the true feelings you harbor within you

Why are you so sad tonight?
words come still, yet so contrite
don't speak at all - you've got that right
that's not been taken from you

Can you express how you feel about me?
probably not, that's not reality
don’t know that I would want to see
that I didn't know the right way to love you

You matter to me more than words can say
but for now I'm just stayin' out of your way
‘til you approach me on your own one day
I’ll be ready with these arms to hold you

© 2018 Mari' Emeraude


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

lethal romance, love & emotions with ur moist feelings be well stirred with the contemplation of words, i must say. really liked da way how humorously have u cummed up with suchness of write. absolutely gorgeous, of course, as you already are.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sometimes that is how it has to be. This poem is nicely constructed as it literally allows the reader to insert themselves into the lines.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Thank you. I probably had a FEW people in mind when I wrote it. :)
The beautiful thing about the way this poem is written is that it leaves room enough to conceive of the first person addressing self. Though what is more, it details the sensitivity - with subtleties of mists - of tenuous though gripping threads connecting all intimate relationship.

I found this poem as affecting as Toni Childs' own deep voice.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Well thank you so much!
Poignant words. You write for many of us who have been in that place. I had it first time round with my daughter and again with her eldest son whom I have raised. The good news is that eventually they come back. It's all part of growing up. Many is the time I have kept silent for fear of saying the wrong thing, and that hurts. Sometimes you do have to love from a distance. My grandson of 24 is moving back home in a couple of weeks with his girlfriend, to join his two siblings and my husband and myself. Five years ago, I thought that an impossibility. Your poem is eloquent, flows and rhymes well. A class act.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

I had my daughter at 20 and my grandson arrived when I was 43. Those grandchildren of 24,19 and 17 k.. read more
Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Well it seems to be working. You look fabulous!
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

I'm happy, that makes a huge difference and thank you.
Mari - watching our children grow, not just getting older, but away from us can be bitterly painful. We must trust that the love and affection we have given over years of trial and tribulation will be remembered and rewarded. I suggest to you a poem I wrote some time ago that is posted here. "Children" at the time I wrote it I was teaching, working another job and doing graduate work. I got to wondering and it was the result.

Take care - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Thank you. I will check it out.
sometimes that all we can do, stay out of the way.... but never shy away from letting them know how you feel.... it's an honest, open poem Mari', perhaps they should read it... thanks for opening your heart and sharing...

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

Thank you. Yes, I just stood on the sidelines waiting to welcome my child back in.
So beautifully rendered, Mari' 🌸
Yet, sooo very sincerely sad and soul-touching within the depths of my core … you've stripped my emotion bare and touched the tenderest corners of my heart, and your own heart speaks in a poetic voice I've longed to hear.

You're a poetess I highly respect, enjoy, and admire -- the more of You I read.
With warmest feelings, I thank you, Mari' ⁓ Richard

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mari' Emeraude

5 Years Ago

What a kind complement! Thanks so much.
Richard🖌

5 Years Ago

Kind compliment?
I was speaking with sincerity … you are certainly welcome, Mari'.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 27, 2018
Last Updated on July 27, 2018

Author

Mari' Emeraude
Mari' Emeraude

Denver, CO



About
I am a writer, journalist, and poet from Denver, Co who remarks on my fulfilling life in rich, poetic (and sometimes humorous) ways. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..