Introspection

Introspection

A Story by Chaos
"

More thoughts of Santa Cruz.

"

My trip into the woods at Santa Cruz CA. 

 

 

 

 

 

When we entered the mouth of the forest from the pasture that welcomed us, I looked down and saw something glistening on the ground. I bent down to get a better look because time has made my eyes tired; I saw this milky white highway system of precision and grace. It was a spider web leading to a den. But, the web was not like "Charlotte’s Web", but rather a den created from the web. It was thick and deliberate and so amazing. I kept wondering, if I was that small, would I be welcomed? Then my mind, of course drifted yet to another cloud and I sat on that one for awhile and then it was time to enter the forest.  

 

The entire time I was there all I could do was look at every leaf and know for the first time that I was walking, breathing and feeling procreating taking place all around me.  I could feel birth, death and rebirth circumscribing me as if I was a part of it and it was a part of me.

 

At one point in our travels, I sat down crossed legged and listened as my twin brother’s tone melodically droned on telling me of the wonders of the majesty of nature and how blessed we are to be one with it.  As he verbally spun words into gold, my mind drifted to a softer place.  

 

The trees lush with a kaleidoscope of green hues overflowing with life.  I thought how beautiful the leaves looked from underneath.  The leaves were amazing with the different shades of green and I thought, the gift they give to me and everyone is unrecognized and taken for granted. They give us air to breathe and sadly it goes unseen.  I took a deep breath and felt the soil flow through my fingers and I thought, the soil holds the key to the rebirth of this forest; rich with nutrients and warm, wonderful, and inviting colors. I was holding the seeds of magic.   

 

I could hear the little animals scurrying along the forest floor and I thought, this is their home and I'm blessed to embrace their lives into my existence.  Thank you mother earth!  Thank you!  I could hear the robins, blue jays and sparrows calling to each other and carrying on in a world that I can only imagine.  I thought, if I could hear and sing with them, what would I know?  The magic and mystery of the forest inspires me.  Gentle inspiration; words of kindness and compassion; a language that only the open minded can hear.  Oh, how lucky I was on that day. 

 

You could hear things for miles; it seemed.  I imagined I could hear the sap falling off the bark on to the forest floor onto the leaves waiting below.  I could hear the saplings emerging from the earth to be a giver of air to the world like their mothers.  I was blessed.  My brother and I were gifted that moment and we didn't take it for granted.  We still don't. 

 

I felt this incredible sense of peace and I could breathe.  I could breathe so deeply that I became enlightened to myself. I recognized an altruistic nature in me and the thought pleased me.   

and....

 

My mind drifted to another cloud and it was time to leave.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Chaos


Author's Note

Chaos
Just some reflections of that wonderful 4 hour hike. Life changing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is awesomely cute, the hike, and how the spider is miniscule yet has its own identity and though it has a lot of focus ends in a trail of thought, the whole hike leaving trails till the end, great write!

x mishy :S

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow, I was totally swept into your words. You writing improves with each piece you submit. I wish I had just a smidgen of the talent that you have, Dude. Your words, your writing... be it poetry or stories, nourish my inspiration. Keep Writing, LOL I need all the inspiration I can get. :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


There is no place on earth more peaceful, interesting, inspiring, mysterious and noble than a forest. I am not surprised that you were so taken in by it, Chaos. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel my words can't describe enough the feelings that consumed me on that day. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


yes I feel that way too when I enter the woods....your words make me regret the time I have spent away...thanks for sharing this!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2008
Last Updated on July 30, 2008

Author

Chaos
Chaos

Boston, MA



About
Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quizzes That's me in a nutshell. Marie more..

Writing
Wish I could Wish I could

A Poem by Chaos


Insecurity Insecurity

A Poem by Chaos



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


69 69

A Story by O!


Brick Walls Brick Walls

A Poem by Chaos


Heavy Feet. Heavy Feet.

A Poem by Chaos


One One

A Chapter by Sydelle Houston