I Hope You Remember Her

I Hope You Remember Her

A Story by Grace Coggins
"

Sometimes, all you can do is wish them the best and move on with your life

"

Promise you won’t forget me? Promise me you won’t forget the girl who loved you so much her heart ached all the time. Promise me you will remember the girl with the radiant smile and held all this love for you in her heart, carrying it with her wherever she went.

I hope when you see the ocean, you will think of the girl who was wild and free, how she was more beautiful then your words could ever comprehend.

I hope when you feel the sun on your skin, you will remember her gentle touch, warm as the summer air around you, embracing you like she longed to, every day.

I hope you remember the sound of her voice when you hear the wind. Promise me you’ll stop to listen when the rustle in the trees mimic the sounds of her saying “I love you”. I hope you take that with you, holding it close to your heart

I hope when you taste something sweet, you remember her kiss. How she tasted like strawberries and scones, like that night when you met her. I hope you remember that feeling, how it made your heart flutter, like butterflies in your chest. Oh, do promise me you’ll remember that feeling.

I hope one day, when a gold ring is on your finger, you’ll remember the way her golden strands of curls shone in the sunlight, as if it was pure, solid, radiant gold. I hope you remember the way it felt to run your hands through those curls.

I hope when you close your eyes, you see her in everything you do, because she was a part of you, one way or another. Promise me you remember her. A least in the deepest parts of your dreams.

In the end, this life you’re living is the path you chosen. She watches you walk down it, knowing that she can’t follow. But she wishes you all the happiness and luck in the world.

I hope one day, you look back and remember her. and I hope she changes you, for better or worse; for you changed her. You made her stronger and wiser. Promise me, promise her, that you live a life without regret, just as she will do. Promise me you will learn from your mistakes, and grow from them, just as she has.

I hope you remember her, no matter where this life takes you. Because I know, she will always remember you.


 

© 2017 Grace Coggins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ever since I could read I've been obsessed with literature that gave examples of thoughts you could find yourself in, this is definitely one of those pieces that every reader could find one thing to relate to themselves. There's vulnerability in exposing all of your inner workings and I think that's beautiful. Amazing flow as well.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on November 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 27, 2017

Author

Grace Coggins
Grace Coggins

WA



About
I'm just testing the waters to see what I like to write and what I want to say; I'm just trying to find my style and voice however I can more..

Writing