Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Salt Water

Salt Water

A Poem by gcp
"

Night Swimming

"

The beachfront is strange in the dark - you can hardly see the sand or the sea and it looks like the world just ends - I walked out into the sea last night - it was f*****g freezing - I like the way the waves hit my body - I like the power of it - the way it pushes me -  sometimes I could love the sea - dark, cold, indifferent to how I feel - and yet - I like the way it touches me - the way it holds my body and sucks me down into some other world.


Sometimes I’d like to go down - let the salt water in my mouth - I could go down and never come up again…


I held my breath until it burned in me and I surfaced coughing water - I left my clothes on the rocks - and when I came out the wind was even colder than the sea - I had to wait for ages for the night to dry my body - I didn't want to dress while wet and get the sand and salt water in my clothes - I sat naked on the rocks looking at the sky and I thought of you - of the dirty little words that we share - they kept me warm.

© 2013 gcp


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A. Love the theme. I'm a nautical man - I often write about the sea and such, and I really like what you're doing here with the scene.

B. I love the reflection. You really get specific and I feel like I'm there at the beach at midnight.

Skinny dipping in the ocean at night is something only the youth can do! And even then, it's a little nuts cause it's FREEZING!!!

I really enjoyed the way it ended - it wraps up nicely.

Some things could perhaps be cut out (like "wait for ages") but overall I dug it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gcp

11 Years Ago

AWw thanks - I'm glad it stuck a chord :) Yeah - it can be really cold - but that's part of the fun.. read more



Reviews

A very visual, sensual write, good piece of prose..

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was quite lovely. Quiet and innocent(ish)....but written with a devilish glint in your eye....or so I imagine. Well done.

CM

Posted 10 Years Ago


gcp

10 Years Ago

aww thanks :)

Good to have a glint in the eye - people wonder what you've been up to.... read more
Such an erotic theme presented in such a classy way, and you couldn't have picked a more appropriate medium: the sea! Great visual imagery, you took me right there. You're right, it was cold.

Posted 11 Years Ago


We left the safety of water to come into this weird life.. some never forget - you just have to be one. There's a natural language to your poem, no pretentious phrases but honest well.tuned emotions, and beautifully graphic: '.. and I thought of you - of the dirty little words that we share - they kept me warm.' How real and blissful is that!

Posted 11 Years Ago


An interesting take on a loving nostalgia that keep a sense of calmness intact during the bearest of moments. Great job. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


gcp

11 Years Ago

Aww thanks :)
*like*

Posted 11 Years Ago


gcp

11 Years Ago

Yay!
dark and sexy and very good it reminds me of u ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


gcp

11 Years Ago

Flattery will get you everywhere ;) hehe Thanks!
you sure have a way with words. this is amazing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


gcp

11 Years Ago

awww thanks :)
Lovely.

Posted 11 Years Ago


gcp

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
I really like this poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


gcp

11 Years Ago

Awww thanks :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

994 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013
Tags: sea, water, night, swimming, ocean, salt, dirty, romance, hope, drowning, power

Author

gcp
gcp

Spain



About
Guarda la rosas, no estoy muerta Dejé una espina bajo tu cama Rebecca 'Pete' McPhearson is a hobo-gypsy, currently living in the back of a car somewhere in central Europe. She likes to list.. more..

Writing
The Cliff The Cliff

A Story by gcp


Morning Blues Morning Blues

A Poem by gcp



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


After-glow After-glow

A Poem by LA Lorena


Morning Blues Morning Blues

A Poem by gcp