Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Holly

 23.10.09
      
       The story of my ancestors have been haunting my dreams throughout my entire living life. It was my troublesome parents whom said our past mistakes to remind me to be a good person for all that I live. What could I do about this? I listened to my parents like a good German- American girl could. There were times when  they spoke both in German and English about my, 'Hans, the Nefarious', my evil kin. I could understand why he was obsessed with treasure, he wants the power. But, money in our life had destroyed our family. The day he went missing and died, they split the gold between his sons. This almost caused an outrage between everyone in his family.  Then, Han's son, Fredrick decided to speak out to the family, telling them they don't want to be cursed anymore then they are. So, this is what I endure everyday. It's the German culture in my life and also the strictness of my love life.
      
       This all goes back to the feudal ages in Europe during the late 1500s. The wealthy Germanic people wanted to marry other pure blood Germans. It was a tradition that lasted till Philip had fallen in love with a lovely French woman named Marie Montelle. They both had a child out of wedlock, which had angered his grandfather and father. His father killed Marie and tried to kill the baby, but she was sent to France to Marie's sister. Lukas grieved his loss of his lover, but soon had to marry an Austrian woman. She gave birth to five children, which were all boys. Peter, who was the youngest, was my great-great-great-great grandfather. He was a good person who brought peace to our family.
      
       The reason I speak of my family, because of the things they can do when something goes wrong. This power we received of turning into dragons for over many generations had made us more powerful. If I even try something wrong, my father will fix it, but he doesn't know that I am doing something completely incorrect. I'm in love with a full blooded Japanese who attends my school. This is something I do not dare speak of to anyone. The reason is because my parents will threaten to move me to Germany. 
      
       I made a plan about this...I'm writing in fluent Korean in this journal entry. The reason why I know this is because I can understand over 150 languages from around the world. It makes me different from all the powers my family gained over the course of my heritage. There is one language or dialect I can't understand, it's the Hogen dialect from Okinawa. They're all muffles and symbols that I can't interpret. It makes me cry because I can't understand a single word he says to his Okinawan friends at our school. He knows about me knowing the languages I understand, but he doesn't know I can't interpret his own. I want to tell him, my best friend the honest truth about how I feel towards him.
     
       The other thing on my mind is that no one understands me besides my family. They don't believe the truth when I can understand all these languages till they see it with their own eyes. But, I'm a normal person who lives a normal German life in America. I'm a girl who is in love and believes in love. But, I got to sleep and dream all weekend long about 'him'.
      
      -Irma Nadine Dalmira Dracheleute


© 2011 Holly


Author's Note

Holly
Dracheleute is German for Dragonpeople. Please review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on January 13, 2011
Last Updated on January 13, 2011


Author

Holly
Holly

Grand Rapids, MI



About
I try to write out what is on my mind... I'm sorta an engineer...in my head, I see the exact poem or story, and I have to write it down on paper.... same with artwork. Please review some of my a.. more..

Writing
Troublesome Troublesome

A Poem by Holly