i love the stars

i love the stars

A Poem by grace

“i love the stars,” i whisper as i lean out of my car window, straining to see the sky through the artificial light of humanity.


“i love the stars,” i say as i try to decipher the artwork that God has painted across the neverending canvas above me.


“i love the stars,” i cry, as i wonder how God can create something so beautiful, wishing he would have given me some of the beauty.


“i love the stars,” i say, when asked about myself. when asked why, i realize i love the reminder of the constant beauty around me.


i forget about the stars for a time. i found the beauty in him, i no longer believed i needed the stars to see the constant of it. but when i see the ugliness, the part that makes him a human being, i get scared.


“i love the stars,” i whisper as i look into his eyes… and realize there is no such thing as constant beauty in a person. i don’t only love the stars... i need the stars.

© 2017 grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so whimsical and lovely 👍🏻

Posted 6 Years Ago


grace

6 Years Ago

thank you so much!!
I find this poem so beautiful! You described the essence of the poem so well :)'
Keep it up :)
Keep writing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


grace

6 Years Ago

thank you :)
Omg, I really loved reading this poem. It beautifully written, and really well paced. My word of advise would be to maybe put the last line, 'i need the stars,' in a different stance all by itself. That way it would create more emphasis. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this poem, and it was really well written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


grace

6 Years Ago

thank you so much! that’s a really good idea too, so thank you
i enjoyed reading this! the narrator seems to be an interesting person, maybe naive, and i'd like to know more about them. also interesting perspective on what makes a human being. the only relatively negative thing i would say about your poem is that it kind of feels unfinished to me.

Posted 6 Years Ago


grace

6 Years Ago

thank you, i really appreciate the feedback!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2017
Last Updated on December 17, 2017
Tags: love, poetry, stars, sad, uncertain, sky, tears, beauty

Author

grace
grace

About
i am a brand new writer, and would like some constructive feedback. more..

Writing