Smiley

Smiley

A Chapter by SirPen
"

Mad smiles upon you...

"
His silence came from his madness, and his madness came from his silence. His victims, his targets... he butchered. And he did so with a big smile. His shiny, white teeth gleamed in the dark, under the shadows of his big black hood. The moment you see his teeth, was the moment you were dead. Good night forever, unfortunate one. Mad smiles upon you. 

Death by Silent 

The silence spreads and you run. 
For everyone knows 
if you make it out of their silent fun. 
You might live. 
Live to see another sun. 

Once you're marked, by the silent men. 
Target of a contract's pen. 
You must run. 
If you want 
To see another sun. 

When the silence spreads 
By silent men 
Careful now 

They are the Hunters 
And you are the Prey. 

But once you're marked. 
You're always followed. 
When the silence breaks. 
RUN. 

Stupid rhyme. Written by the un-scholarly Silent Men themselves. Meant to scare little children, and yet it rang a sense of truth in it. Within one of those rhymes written by the Silent Men, were the rules of escaping one's silent death. And Jera Monra had been marked and it was his 2nd time escaping that silent death. It would be hard to escape a third one. His mentor and teacher had escaped five times. For two and a half years he had lived, after being marked. He lived five times, but on his sixth death, and Jera's 2nd, they got separated, running from the Silent Men. But judging from HOW they got separated, he doubted that his teacher got away. He led the Silent Men away from Jera, and told him to run. Run out of the influence of silence. RUN! he mouthed, before he ran into an alley, with a shadow jumping along behind him. He never saw his teacher again. 

Jera turned around and sprinted. He ran till he could hear people's voices, ran till he could hear the wind, ran till he was sure that he had escaped the influence of silence. Didn't stop till he ran to the next block.

The next day he heard about the rumors of the incident. It was the talk of the whole city, and he could easily hear everything about the event just by making small conversations, with just about everyone. All the rumors talked about was mainly the silence. No one exactly knew which of the Silent Men was the perpetrator. No one knew who was sentenced to die. No one wanted to know, for if you knew, you were dead. Jera heard what he could, made use of all the information he thought were partially true and went to work to survive his 3rd death. 

He never survived his 3rd death. Jera died 6 months later, his bloody corpse almost slashed neatly in two. There was a giant scar of blood along side of his body, like a giant smile painted on the floor, except it had sprayed itself there, instead of pooling around the body. And nothing was out of place in the room, nothing was damaged except the dressing mirror, on the far left side of the room, next to the door. The glass had shattered out of it, with a big slash mark through the wood. 

There was a boy who was paid to help Jera for a small fee. The night when Jera died, the boy had been called into the room, to help organize all of the papers that would lead him to the answer of saving his 3rd death. When the sun rose, and the people in the city rose to open their shops, the boy stumbled out of the room, his shoes wet with blood. When the people asked what happened, he said... he saw nothing. 

The candles had mysteriously gone out, with only a shed of light of the moon lighting up from the window. He heard nothing, he didn't even notice the silence had spread. He didn't hear his master gasp, or the single faint snipping sound. He didn't hear the blood exploding out of his masters body. He never even heard the body falling to the floor. 

But he saw. Through the mirror, he saw the two lines of shiny teeth held up by a mouth. The mouth was smiling, and the smile only grew bigger, wider and taller. The mirror shattered. 

Later when the room was looked thoroughly once more Jera's papers had disappeared. And they noticed that the wood behind the shattered mirror... the slash... it was in the shape of a crescent moon. 


© 2014 SirPen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The writing is good. I was pulled in by the story. Of course, at this point I don't know any of the backstory. Why are the silent men killing people? But what I read so far makes me want to keep reading to find out. However, at this point I am thinking the story is going to be frightening and I am not good with scary...because I get truly scared and don't sleep well :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SirPen

10 Years Ago

Hi thanks for reading and taking the time to review. I'd like to also take the time to answer your q.. read more
Jo Winter

10 Years Ago

I understand about not knowing the backstory yet. I also find I learn more about the stories and ch.. read more
SirPen

10 Years Ago

TY having even just one consistent person helps me alot.



Reviews

The writing is good. I was pulled in by the story. Of course, at this point I don't know any of the backstory. Why are the silent men killing people? But what I read so far makes me want to keep reading to find out. However, at this point I am thinking the story is going to be frightening and I am not good with scary...because I get truly scared and don't sleep well :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SirPen

10 Years Ago

Hi thanks for reading and taking the time to review. I'd like to also take the time to answer your q.. read more
Jo Winter

10 Years Ago

I understand about not knowing the backstory yet. I also find I learn more about the stories and ch.. read more
SirPen

10 Years Ago

TY having even just one consistent person helps me alot.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on January 7, 2014


Author

SirPen
SirPen

L.A, CA



Writing
??? ???

A Story by SirPen