Social Media: The Impact

Social Media: The Impact

A Story by gillianxrcr
"

this is just a short thought on the impact of social media, from my point of view. enjoy!

"
Look around you; I mean it, seriously! Look around you. There are people probably on their phones, looking down to the sidewalk, just beyond the screen. They are so immersed in their phones, that the noise drowns out, the people go away, the surroundings fade to black, and a spotlight is put on them, about to start a performance piece, on a stage with everyone you know, and even those you don’t know, are watching from afar, in the audience.

This is a representation of what it can be like to go on social media. Social media, that has made us so in tune with the virtual world of what people are posting of their daily lives, 24/7…that we have yet to really experience life, to what it’s really meant to be, outside of the virtual cyberspace.

For me, personally, I go on social media every day, a few times a day, to check up on what everyone is doing. Now, don’t get me wrong, social media can be a very good thing to use, to keep up with friends from afar and local, who you don’t see on a regular basis.

Through things such as Facebook Messenger or SnapChat, we can instantly message our friends and remain (quote on quote), “close” to them. But at the same time, if you think about it, social media can also drive us farther away from our friends, because of how much we are in constant contact with them.

Now, it’s not bad to talk to your friends every day, but in personal experience, I have had friends either at school, online, or other places, that I talked to every single day, and now, we barely talk anymore, and we have lost some sense of each other, because we got to know each other so quickly. What I am saying is, social media can sometimes quicken the pace of where we get to know our friends. Sometimes, in human nature, I see people who stick side by side, mostly don’t know every single detail about each other, and they are still discovering new things about each other, as the years go by. It slowly makes life worthwhile. Keyword �" Slowly.

Also, on the flip side, if we do get to know our friends quicker, we can figure out faster who the people in our lives are. Social media does a very good job to reveal someone’s true aura in just a few seconds of scrolling on their page or wall.

So, in conclusion, to wrap this all up, social media can have such an impact on daily lives with our friendship, because of what I have mentioned, with how quickly we can meet people, and how it speeds up the process of knowing someone.

As they say, “everything in proportion; too much of anything can kill you.”

© 2017 gillianxrcr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on November 16, 2017
Last Updated on November 16, 2017
Tags: social media, thoughts, gxrcr

Author

gillianxrcr
gillianxrcr

Unknown



About
g i l l i a n x r c r senior in high school c/o 2018 lover of: quotes, music, writing, & all things art. "what you are basically, deep, deep down, far, far in, is simply the fabric and stru.. more..

Writing