Midnight Visitors

Midnight Visitors

A Story by GlamGirl
"

I heard a scratching at the door

"

  I flopped down on the couch with my pink Snuggie. My mom had left about an hour ago to go to the movies with her friends and I was home alone. I had just finished all of my homework and I needed a little break. I groped for the remote in the dark, and turned the TV on. I flipped to an interesting-looking channel and closed my eyes. I hated being alone at night. My brother left for college a few months ago, and I feel kind of lonely without him. I sighed. I turned my attention back to the TV. Some stupid movie for old people. I tried to go to sleep. There was nothing good on TV lately.  

  

  I heard a scratch at the door. “Go away boy!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. The neighbor’s dog was always scratching on our door. I lied back down on the couch and tried to figure out what was happening in the movie. I heard the noise again. I reluctantly got up and grabbed a dog treat from our pantry. I opened the front door, and the dog was gone. I angrily chucked the treat into our yard, and went back to the couch. I was soon interrupted again by the scratching. I dragged myself to the door again. The dog treat lay on our welcome mat. “Go home boy!” I screamed into the cold night air, tossing the treat again. I heard a howl in the distance. I jumped onto the couch. If I heard the scratching again, I was going to call the owners. I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable, as if something wasn’t right. I turned the TV up loud, and changed the channel to a little kid show. I heard the scratching again. I grabbed my cell phone and ran to the door.

   

  The dog stood there. Its soft brown fur was matted and dirty, and it had saliva dripping out of every angle of its mouth. I saw the damp dog treat in its mouth, but he quickly crumbled it with his powerful jaws. This dog was no cute puppy. I opened the door to look at the number on his collar. As soon as the door was cracked, the dog charged into our house. It bolted upstairs, as if it knew exactly where it was going. I frantically dialed the neighbor’s number on my phone. I heard the line connect and I started yelling into the phone. After my rant, I waited for their reply. “Please don’t turn around pretty girl,” I heard a voice say. I realized the voice wasn’t coming from the phone, but from behind me. I turned around in horror. I found myself face to face with a gun. “Smile!” sneered the man holding the weapon, who was my surprisingly my neighbor. 


That silver pistol was the last thing I saw. 

© 2011 GlamGirl


Author's Note

GlamGirl
Prompt: Your greatest fear
Not my greatest fear, but one of them. Not very good, but enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was predictable for the first half, and then the second half kind of fell apart. We don't really have a reason to root for the protagonist, or a reason to fear the neighbor or the dog. It was fine, based solely on the prompt, but it wasn't a very interesting read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Cal
So this is what you guys were talking about. I need to yell at Micro now. I like it. Very creepy. It also leaves some things to be wondered about. Like where the dog came from really. Hooray for imagination!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a great piece of flash fiction.. I love the suspense build up.. I was not expecting the neighbor to be behind her.. spooky! This is why I cannot watch spooky shows alone! Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011

Author

GlamGirl
GlamGirl

VT



About
17, competitive dancer, musician, runner, general dork. I used to post a lot a few years ago, and I've found some interest again through a poetry class I am taking at school. Looking forward to pos.. more..

Writing
Janet Janet

A Poem by GlamGirl


Confess Confess

A Story by GlamGirl