Secret Place

Secret Place

A Story by GoldenHour
"

Have you ever loved someone, and known they loved you, without ever saying it?

"

They meet in their secret place and shut the door behind them.


They don’t have to speak much. He can read everything in her eyes. She has a harder time doing so. She coaxes him until he opens for her like a flower in bloom. Then he tells her everything. She listens to the flow of his voice washing over her like the tide. She knows she is the only one he will speak to this way; he uses a soft voice that he reserves just for her. When he laughs, she stares at him like she’s never seen anything like him before. He reaches for her and she lets him touch her. He feels her face as if he is blind; eyes, nose, cheeks, lips. He dips into her mouth and she runs her tongue along the pad of his thumb, gently. He smiles and she feels heat radiate between them.


The sunlight pours through the open window and it warms them as they lay, quiet, the deep tan of his skin against her pale chest. She runs her hands through his midnight hair. He sleeps but she wants to wake him, wants to hear his voice, calm like the sea at dawn. She says his name, softly. His breath is sweet and even against her skin. She says his name again, listens to its melody. Finally he stirs, and she kisses his forehead, and he props himself up to look at her.


“You confuse me,” he tells her. She asks him how. He doesn’t answer her, but she understands.


“I’m sorry,” she whispers. She places her hand gently on his cheek. She presses her fingers into the darkness of his beard. “I’m trying.”


He nods. His eyes meet hers, both deep brown, but his almost black. She feels vulnerable when he looks at her like this, but she doesn’t break the eye contact. She lets him see her. He turns his head to kiss the palm of her hand.


They are in freefall. No gravity, no weight, no expectations, no promises. Nothing to bind them, but nothing to keep them apart.


They meet in their secret place and shut the door behind them.

© 2018 GoldenHour


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very poetic and beautifully written. I like that it has a hint of mystery involved.

Although you never describe the secret place in detail, it's not relevant~ their movements and actions take center stage, unraveling this sensual and complicated relationship in just a few short paragraphs.

Very well done ^.^

Yari

Posted 6 Years Ago


Beautiful! I really feel connected to this piece both in its visuals and its passions, wonderfully written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


GoldenHour

6 Years Ago

thank you! that means so much to me. glad you enjoyed it.
i liked your message,two souls meeting,falling in love

Posted 6 Years Ago


GoldenHour

6 Years Ago

i'm glad you could find meaning in it. thank you for reading!
 wordman

6 Years Ago

my pleasure

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2018
Last Updated on January 2, 2018
Tags: short story, love, passion, youth, teen, calm

Author

GoldenHour
GoldenHour

Canada



Writing
Hide Hide

A Poem by GoldenHour



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


LONELY HEARTS LONELY HEARTS

A Poem by raj24