41.Ugly one

41.Ugly one

A Poem by pal
"

Poem n video by Pal. Ugly types are typical; Some pretend sophisticated; Others crude, present as they are; He was crude, to the core; Hissing like snake; Spitting venom all over; Showing visual signs of; Intellectual arrogance

"

 

Ugly one

 

Cherish the moment

Entering ‘Writers Club’

Read a poem, ‘Love’

Author, a friend of mine

 

Greatly impressed

Read many more

Poems, stories

Writers of all kinds

 

Hesitantly I stayed on

Scribbling, expressing

Thanks for all my friends

Their encouraging reviews

 

 I had my idol, poet

A great one, “Karen”

His writings, I adored

Dreamt, being like him

 

Of late, I notice

Writers are restless

Hurrying, to catch up

Reaching some peaks!

 

A rat race like, writings

When flowing machine like

To get those medals

Be on top, the chosen ones

 

Something went wrong

I saw my idol’s ugly face

Naked n unmasked

He had shot out message

 

“…They just want to post

A half a*s poem

And have other half

A*s poets complement them on…”

 

It was crude n rude shock

Watching my idol shattered

How could I have misjudged!

Him being wise, who isn’t even human!

 

Ugly types are typical

Some pretend sophisticated

Others crude, present as they are

He was crude, to the core

Hissing like snake

Spitting venom all over

Showing visual signs of

Intellectual arrogance

 

Survival of fittest

 That’s law of jungle

Don’t nudge n bully

Humans all we are

 

Blessed you are

Don’t be petty

Don’t fritter away

Life is too precious

 

Pal

Poem n video by pal

46.Ugly one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbOsH0mB1hs

 

Poem by Pal. Translation by Maya  bogdanova n video by Kamelia, Bulgaria

61.Ugly one-(Грозен)-Bulgarski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-lT01zwO3E

 

© 2008 pal


Author's Note

pal
I wrote this.. the last writing before all havoc hit writers club..
Ugly ones are every where..now all members seen it in real..lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, I agree. I had some ugly comments made on my work. But I have twice that many in good reviews...just take the bad with the good. Can't please everyone. Some are jealous and some just plain mean, but don't let it get you down. For one I like your work and I know there are others that feel the same.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hahahhaha....... great one..... liked reading sumthng sooo different...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, nicely written. I too have meant some unpleasant individuals during my life, pretty much everywhere I go. But I have learn to deal with these ugly people and its worked until now. Wonderful write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am impressed. It's interesting that this is the first poem I picked to read today. I was never been able to get my s**t together again after the site crashed (lame excuse at this point, i know) but this brings me back to the reason that I wasn't sure if I even wanted to start over. It's a conflict. There is nothing as rewarding...no...necessary and rare and utterly validating...as being recognized for art. I got so much of that here, and a lot of it was genuine, I think...and when I wrote reviews I thought about the poetry, I think. But there's something to the bullshit you talk about-- the mile-a-minute readings (I got my first review on the very first piece I put up last month when I was trying to re-establish myself here, and it said "it's ok." So I impulsively thought, "OK you all can go to hell" and it's taken another month to try again), the arrogance and social hierarchies that develop, the cheapness of online profiles in general. And this website won't bring us fame or fortune (and for most of us nothing will because that isn't our priority, as artists, and we're generally poor marketers for ourselves and humble despite our arrogance, and I for one admit that I'm probably doomed to be broke and ignored forever) and it could be important to try to understand why we get into the rat-race of it all, the competition, and so on. Why do we write? Why do I write... I always thought I wrote because it healed me and helped me understand myself, and I didn't want people to see it... and it's only in the last years that I realized that I had the potential to use what I make to heal others and help them feel less like aliens. So the communication is important. And this makes it feel like there is communication going on. And I can't decide if there is or not, in the way that I can't decide if writing to someone with Myspace is "human contact." I don't know. But thatnks for the poem-- this was good. Send more-- you're really one of my favorites.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I felt the need to edit my review of this piece, after having given it a second thought after a ciggy or two and speaking with the writer. I am slightly verbose (woefully verbose) and a little arrogant (nothing little about it), so I charged off with a rather mixed review of a piece that I enjoyed reading for the manner in which it led me to think. I focused on the plastic and empty reviews, but that is not really what this was about. This was about the petty assaults on writers, turning the Cafe into some little preschool game. Those, have no place. Yes, the craven louts who would hide in their anonymity and offer such cruel and twisted words to others as they attempt to joust upon some fictitious battleground... yes, they are pathetic, crude, and well - something you would want to hate, but really now - they are simply not worth it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A piercing truth which cuts through the layers of illusion, to the core of reality. And it is also easy to detect the air of sadness which accompanies the discovery that someone we once held in high esteem is, in fact, just a talented jerk. I think we have all exprienced that unfortunate moment.
Well done. Sorry it took me so long to get over here to read it. keep up the good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

But I love this pal! and your honesty and insight.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job! Thanks for sending this to me to read. Well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The form really leands to the flow of the work which makes it rather easy to read. I'm not sure I like the subject or the underlying meaning but the work is first class. I believe the pictures and images are wonderful. However I think there is more to this than meets the eye.After reading your Bio I believe I see where this is coming from. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

523 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on June 25, 2008

Author

pal
pal

sofia, Bulgaria



About
PAL: That's me, a friend. Socially and mentally matured. A person with positive attitude and take one thing at a time. Neither look back nor worry on future. Prefer meaningful talk with others .. more..

Writing
SACRIFICING SELF SACRIFICING SELF

A Book by pal


2. Mind's play 2. Mind's play

A Chapter by pal



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..