53.Sacrificing self-�At the company�s meeting�

53.Sacrificing self-�At the company�s meeting�

A Story by pal
"

He expected a tough day ahead, as he was to receive foreign collaborator�s delegation at the office. He had been meticulously working for several weeks, on the JV project, worth millions which could bring great prosperity for him and to the corporation h

"

 

“At the company’s meeting”

 

Mr. Henry smith was charged with energy.  It seemed very unusual day.  Was it due to overnight sound sleep or bright sun shine across the sky!  He expected a tough day ahead, as he had a presentation to make for a foreign collaborator’s delegation at the office.  He had been meticulously working for several weeks, on the JV project, worth millions which could bring great prosperity for him, the CEO, and to the corporation he has been working.

 

Entering office premises, he was all smiles greeting one and all.  In fact he was nodding his head acknowledging the other employee colleagues.  In addition to his usual professional job, as usual, he was also proving himself a PR man.

 

His secretary Ms Eli was looking tense, her eyes expressing it all.  Seeing him she was pleased, quickly greeted him “Good morning Mr. Henry, the delegates are already here and await you at the conference hall”.  Without any further delay he went ahead to the conference hall across the corridor.

 

Greeting every one, after introductory remarks about the background and the purpose of this meeting, he started outlining the project step by step, while every ones attention was focused on his smart video presentation.    

 

His presentation was very sharp and effective, the counter part delegates were listening to every word he spoke nodding their head with approval. 

 

After lunch break, for an hour or so, the meeting continued.  Around 7 p.m. it was question hour and open house discussion session.  Queries raised and explanations were being offered. At that very moment, Ms Eli, again seemed very tense, walked briskly up to dais, whispered softly in to the ears of Mr. Henry.

 

His face became pale and one could see Mr. Henry in a shocked condition.  He quickly spoke some thing to be excused from the meeting; he was rushing towards his car parked near the office entrance.  His mind was racing filled with thoughts.  Hope and pray everything will be alright and his family is safe. 

 

..to be continued

 

Pal

© 2008 pal


Author's Note

pal
Thank you Rain, for your valuable suggestions on my first attempt to write a story. A friend like you, is always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Definately has peeked my interest, and makes me want to read more. One small noticeable problem,which I have,too. The use of needless words.. "straight" ahead to the conference hall across the corridor. he was rushing "straight" towards his car

I can't wait to read part two. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 2, 2008
Last Updated on September 4, 2008

Author

pal
pal

sofia, Bulgaria



About
PAL: That's me, a friend. Socially and mentally matured. A person with positive attitude and take one thing at a time. Neither look back nor worry on future. Prefer meaningful talk with others .. more..

Writing
SACRIFICING SELF SACRIFICING SELF

A Book by pal


2. Mind's play 2. Mind's play

A Chapter by pal