Being a Cat

Being a Cat

A Story by Emily Shae
"

For Creative Writing class

"

Being a house cat is cool, I suppose. I wouldn’t say that it’s constantly filled with epic excitement. I mean, it’s not like I am an outside cat or anything. Heck, these humans barely let me out of the house for more than a second to smell the air"most of the time I have to do that through a screened window! And boy, that doesn’t always present the most pleasurable of smells. Whew!

            However, being a house cat does have its perks, even if one of them isn’t being able to go outside. The food in this joint isn’t half bad"the human food, that is. The cat food these humans seem to think we cats like to eat tastes like crud. Actually, more like cardboard. It’s dry. These humans obviously have never tasted cat food, because they feed it to us like it’s a delicacy. I’ll tell you what a delicacy is, being able to lick off that shiny utensil they use to shovel in all the colorful, flavorful food. Compared to cardboard, a green bean tastes like Salmon!

            Okay, so a green bean doesn’t have that kind of flavor to it per se, but if you’re hungry enough for something better than a square morsel that tastes like crap, you’d think so too"that is, if you were a cat. Humans don’t know how good they really have it. They complain about how bad their food tastes to them. Shoot, so what if it’s a tad bit burnt on the bottom? I’ll take it! No need to waste all the yummy food when there’s a hungry cat"so what if I’ve already had my dinner?"who would gladly take that human food off your plate.

            Meow! Ha-ha, that’ll get them to feel pity for me. It’s always a good way to get extra treats if you know how to play on the human’s sympathies. I have this down-pat. Well, almost. Sometimes they look at me with greedy eyes and shoo me away. How rude! I don’t do that to them. I would share with them if they asked. In fact, I’d trade dishes with them if they even wanted to. Hey, I’m a cat; I never said I was an angel. I’d do anything to get what’s on their plate and not eat what’s on mine"if only that were a possibility. Eh, maybe they’ll drop something on the floor. I’ll wait. 

© 2015 Emily Shae


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this. Food from the perspective of a cat. But I do have to say that not all cat food was created equally. When we had a cat, she loved her food. I even have to say that her food smelt as if someone could eat it without too much of a problem. Then again, cats do eat mostly meat. It all depends on what you feed them. Green beans would be a problem, they'd wind up at the vet.

But, your imagination is wonderful. It was believable. You passed as the cat. And everything flowed without any problems. I enjoyed it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love this. Food from the perspective of a cat. But I do have to say that not all cat food was created equally. When we had a cat, she loved her food. I even have to say that her food smelt as if someone could eat it without too much of a problem. Then again, cats do eat mostly meat. It all depends on what you feed them. Green beans would be a problem, they'd wind up at the vet.

But, your imagination is wonderful. It was believable. You passed as the cat. And everything flowed without any problems. I enjoyed it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 2, 2015
Tags: cats, food, humans

Author

Emily Shae
Emily Shae

Cottontown, TN



About
I love to be artistic in my writing, sewing, and embroidery. I am a Martial Artist, a re-enactor, and an overall funny-dud. I am in a relationship with my personal Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ who is.. more..

Writing
Weekends... Weekends...

A Story by Emily Shae