Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by gracey88
"

Andrew meets the girl of his dreams.

"

One Monday morning, Dianna went to her locker to get her books. She saw the unconventionally attractive singer of the band who winked at her. He was strolling down the hallway; he was carrying his Jansport backpack in a one-strand style. She got her books from her locker and locked it. Then she walked towards the guy and “accidentally” bumped on him.

She dropped her books. “Oh, shoot. I’m so sorry,” he apologized.

“It’s okay.” She smiled shyly and tucked her hair behind her ear.

“Here, let me help you.” He carried her books and helped her put them inside her hot pink handbag.

When all of her books were put inside her bag, she closed it and carried it on her arm.

He held out his hand and said, “Hi, I’m Andrew.”

She shook his hand. “I’m Dianna.”

“Dianna. What a lovely name!” He probably said that to the other girls, she thought.

“Yes, my mom gave it to me.” Oh my God. I’m stating the obvious. I probably sound dumb to him.

“So, uhm, Andrew. How come I never saw you before?”

“I just transferred here.”

“Oh. Is that so?”

“Yeah, it’s my mom’s decision. She heard it’s a good school so she wanted me and my siblings to study here.”

“That’s great. Yep, this is an interesting school.”

“Yeah it is.” He nodded and smiled.

“Dianna?”

“Yes?”

“I wonder if we can have some coffee after school?”

“Sure!”

“Awesome. What’s your number?” She gave him her number.

“Cool. See you later.”

“See you.”

 

Dianna sat on the classes for hours. She could not concentrate on her lessons. Her mind flew somewhere. All she was thinking was her small talk with the cute and laid-back Andrew. She admired the way he carried himself and his aura. It seemed like he was so chill and never take life seriously. He’s my kind of guy.

She looked at the clock from time to time. Come on, make it quick! The time was too slow. She was excited for her first date with Andrew. She pretended to listen to her advanced algebra teacher. It was her last subject for the day. Well, I’m lucky we don’t have a surprise quiz. I barely understand what she’s saying. I’ll just ask Kristine about the lesson. The teacher lectured for one hour and a half. Dianna looked at the clock again. It was five minutes to 4:30 p.m. After a few minutes of agony, the clocked finally said it was 4:30 p.m. Yes! She yelled in her mind. The class was dismissed.

She immediately combed her hair, put some powder on her angelic face, and a strawberry-flavored lip balm on her beautifully shaped lips. Then she said goodbye to Kristine. Kristine knew that Dianna had a date with the odd-looking lead singer. The two best friends kissed each other’s cheeks.

Dianna went outside the classroom. Andrew was waiting for her there.

“Hi, Andrew,” she said.

“Hello, there angel,” he said.

He gently held her hand.  It was smooth against his rough hand. They walked down the corridors and left the school.



© 2018 gracey88


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on March 6, 2018
Last Updated on March 6, 2018
Tags: teens, chicklit, fiction


Author

gracey88
gracey88

Bacoor Cavite , Region 4, Philippines



About
My name is Mary Grace Sulla. You can call me Gracey, for short. I love to write stories and poems. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by gracey88


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by gracey88