Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by gracey88

Three weeks later a gay talent scout discovered Dianna while she was practicing for a cheer dance with her fellow cheerleaders in a gym. Mr. Valdez, the talent scout, was a good friend of their gym teacher Mr. Jims. He told their gym teacher that he wanted to talk to Dianna. Mr. Jims let him.

Dianna just finished doing her stunts when Mr. Valdez approached her. He was a short man with a big belly. He introduced himself as a talent scout who worked in one of the country’s biggest TV networks. Dianna was all smiles as she listened to this very important man who could change her life and make her a big star! She was wearing a ponytail, and her hair got a bit unruly and her cheerleader clothes were drenched in sweat. Yet, she still looked very pretty and her perfume still smelled nice.

“As you probably already know, you are a very pretty girl. And your smile is really nice,” Mr. Valdez said.  “Would you like to be in a toothpaste commercial?”

“Yes, please!” Dianna said. She couldn’t contain her excitement.

“Great, meet me in this address,” Mr. Valdez gave her his calling card. “See you next Thursday, 7 am sharp. Don’t be late or else we’d give this job to someone else.”

“I assure you I won’t be late.” Dianna said. She smiled her sweetest smile. She was sure she was going to be a celebrity. She was born for this.

Luck seemed to follow her everywhere. The universe showered her with so more blessings she could count. Love and success were definitely in the air.

Thursday came. Dianna woke up at 6:00 am so that she wouldn’t be late for the shoot. She took a quick shower and dried her body with towel. Then she put on a red casual dress and shiny black pumps. She decided she would wear red lipstick. Red is my lucky color for today, she thought. She heard her horror scope from an early morning show. Nothing will go wrong with red. It’s a lovely color for such a lovely girl like me. She put on red lipstick and looked at the mirror to admire her God-given beauty. I’m sure with the kind of beauty that I have, I’ll please the director and make my co-stars envious. Soon, someone important will help me land on a soap opera.

Ten seconds later, Dianna felt sick. She felt dizzy and was about to throw up. She rushed to the bathroom and threw up in the sink.

No this is a disaster. She cried. I hope Mr. Valdez will forgive me.

She called Mr. Valdez on her cellphone.

“Yes?” he said.

“Hello, Mr. Valdez. This is Dianna.”

“Dianna, Dianna, Dianna… Oh my, I can’t seem to remember that name,” he paused and then said, “Oh, you’re the pretty morena!”

“That’s right! Sir I’m so sorry I can’t go to the shoot.”

“What do you mean you can’t go? The shoot is today!”

“I’m sick. I’ve been feeling dizzy for an hour.”

“What did you do? Did you drink last night? God, that’s such an irresponsible thing to do! Drinking the night before the shoot.”

“No, sir, this isn’t a hangover. I never drink.”

“Then why are you feeling dizzy?”

“I have no idea. Sir, would you mind if you give me another chance? Can we do the shoot next time?”

Mr. Valdez sighed. “Girl, this is a one day shoot only. We have a thing called deadline. In show business, when you promise someone that you’ll show up, you have to show up no matter how tired or sick you are.”

“But I really feel weak.”

“Aw, poor you. I’m sorry but you we’d just do this commercial without you.”

“What do you mean?”

“We’ll just get another pretty face that’s ready enough to be a part of this commercial. To be honest, you’re not the only girl I discovered. I talked to other pretty girls in case one of you doesn’t show up.  Show business is a strict business. If you promise something, you should fulfill that promise.  There’s no room for excuses.  We’re running out of time. I can’t work with someone who isn’t fully committed. I’m sorry.” He hung up.

Dianna was doomed. Her dreams were over. She cried in her bed for hours until she fell asleep. Her pillow was wet with her tears.

When she woke up, Kristine was sitting on the bed beside her.

“What happened?” Dianna asked.

“You slept for hours. Your maid called me and said you did not go to the shoot. You just stayed in bed the whole day. What’s wrong with you?” Kristine said.

“I had a headache and I got dizzy.”

“Do you still feel dizzy?”

“I’m fine now.”

“That’s good. What could be the reason why you felt sick? Were you drunk?”

“Hell, no! You know me, Kris. I never drink.”

Kristine looked at Dianna in the face. Then she said, “I hate to ask you this. I know this is a personal question, but I want to know this so I can help you: did something happen between you and Andrew?”

“What, you thought I could be pregnant?” Dianna said defensively.
“Just answer the question.”

“Yes, three weeks ago. Something happened.”

“On Valentine’s Day? Isn’t that romantic?” Kristine grinned.

“Yeah, it is. He’s really sweet. We felt connected to each other,” Dianna admitted.

“That’s beautiful.”

“But I know I’m not pregnant. He made sure I won’t get pregnant. He pulled it out before…”

“Oh, honey! I hate to break it to you, but withdrawal method isn’t 100 percent effective. We studied it in Health class.”

“I guess I was absent on that day,” Dianna joked.

“Dianna, you have to take the test. Just to be sure,” Kristine said. Her tone was serious.

“Alright, I’ll take the test.”

“Just stay here. I’ll buy the pregnancy test kit for you.”

“Thank you, Kris.”

 

While Kristine was buying a pregnancy test kit in a drug store a few blocks away from Dianna’s house, the fat and old female cashier looked at her in an odd way as if she committed murder.

“It’s for a friend,” Kristine said. “She’s an adult.” She paid 200 pesos for the kit.

“If you say so,” the cashier said.

Kristine rolled her eyes. Now this is why the population in this country is huge. People are so judgmental when it comes to things like sex.

She left the drug store and went back to Dianna’s house.

 

Kristine ran to her friend’s room. She gave the kit to Dianna.  “Just pee on it and wait for five minutes,” Kristine said.

Dianna went inside the bathroom and peed in the very tiny container of the kit. Then she waited for the results. Two lines came in the results window.

“What’s the result?” Kristine asked.

Dianna shed a tear. “It’s positive.” She did not know whether to be happy or sad. She loved Andrew, but she wasn’t ready to be a mother yet.

“What shall I do?”

“Call Andrew.” Dianna called Andrew but he did not answer the phone.

“He must be busy. I’ll try to call him later.”

“Okay, you do that,” Kristine paused. “Dianna, it’s getting late now. I have to go home or my parents will kill me. I bought you some medication. Just take it and you will be fine. Okay?”

“Okay.”

Kristine kissed Dianna on the forehead. “You’ve got to tell your parents. They’ll know what to do. Sure, they might get mad, but they will understand you. You’re their daughter. Call Andrew again.”

“Sure.”

“Good luck.” Kristine left.



© 2018 gracey88


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on March 8, 2018
Last Updated on March 8, 2018
Tags: teens, fiction, chicklit, youngadult


Author

gracey88
gracey88

Bacoor Cavite , Region 4, Philippines



About
My name is Mary Grace Sulla. You can call me Gracey, for short. I love to write stories and poems. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by gracey88


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by gracey88