Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by gracey88

Presently, Dianna and Kristine were walking in a corridor. Kristine was about to get her makeup from her bag inside her room. She wanted to retouch her makeup.

“So that’s the story of my life,” Dianna said when she finished reminiscing her happy memories and hardships.

“I cannot believe you went through all that after we parted,” Kristine said. She patted Dianna’s shoulder. “I wish I was with you when all of those horrible things happened to you. I would have helped you. I would have comforted you.”

Dianna looked at Kristine and smiled, “It’s okay. I have moved on now.”

A man opened the door for Kristine. Dianna’s eyes widened in shock. She recognized that man. It was the man she knew all her life.

The man was in a red T-shirt and a pair of denim pants. He was carrying an adorable baby in his arms. It was Andrew, Dianna’s ex-boyfriend and the father of their son.  He was still thin and his hair was still curly. But he became handsome as he got older. His features became strong and he got a bit of beard.

“Why are you here? Wait, are you and Kristine…” Dianna did not finish the sentence.

“Oh, Dianna. You did not know?” Kristine asked. She was surprised at Dianna’s reaction. She did not expect it. My wedding was all over the news two years ago. How come she never heard of it? Kristine thought. But then Dianna never read or watch the news. She sighed.

“Andrew and I are married and the baby he was carrying in his arms is obviously our daughter.”

“How did you... what happened? How is this possible?” Dianna stuttered.

Kristine narrated their love story. “One night I was drawing a dress for an actor’s daughter who was about to celebrate her debut. One of my friends Jody told me that she set me up on a date. She had been teasing me that I should have a boyfriend. Everyone was teasing me back then. I guess in their eyes I looked lonely and in need of companionship. Jody told me that I needed someone who would hold me on cold nights and kiss my tears away in moments of sadness and show me true love above all things. They said that I was 25, that at my age I should be dating someone. I scoffed and said that I’m already married to my career. They said I should let romance enter my life. Jody told me about a man who was looking for a steady relationship. Because she was persistent, I agreed to meet the guy. I did not even ask her the guy’s name.  She set us up on a date. It was a candlelight dinner in a fancy restaurant.”

“And then, I saw Andrew. The unconventionally handsome and charming Andrew. I was surprised when I saw him. On the other hand, he wasn’t surprised when he saw me; in fact, he said he was looking forward to it. He was really expecting to see me! We exchanged pleasantries and I told Jody that I knew him. Jody was surprised but she saw it as a good sign, a good opportunity. She told me we should get to know each other better. She left us so we could talk. And we did for a long time.”

Kristine faced Dianna. “He apologized for what he did to you. I told him, he should apologize to you, not to me. It was you whom he hurt and left years ago. He wanted to talk to you in person, but he never had the opportunity. You’ve been so busy.”

“And then we talked about our lives, everything we’ve been through over the past few years. We also chatted about trivial things like our hobbies and interests. Then we spoke of our hopes and dreams in the future. Suddenly, there was an invisible force between us�" a powerful magnet. We were drawn to each other. We enjoyed each other’s company because we had a lot in common. Gone was the carefree and irresponsible Andrew we both knew and hated. I have forgiven him for causing pain to my best friend.”

Kristine paused and said, “Can you believe that he’s been teaching music to kids these days?” She chuckled.

Then she continued, “He’s grown wise and practical. But he still has his boyish charm. We became friends and eventually he courted me. He gave me flowers, chocolates, letters, the works. I made him wait for a year before I said yes to him. I wanted to make sure he was really committed. When I finally said yes, he told me he was the happiest man in the universe.”

“We had dates in many beautiful places. I met his family. Now it was only his siblings because his mother died of cancer. Andrew’s siblings were very nice to me. A year later we got married in a church in Manila. It was a simple wedding. We invited a few of our close friends and relatives. Now we have a daughter and her name is Dianna.”



© 2018 gracey88


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on March 11, 2018
Last Updated on March 11, 2018
Tags: teens, fiction, chicklit, youngadult


Author

gracey88
gracey88

Bacoor Cavite , Region 4, Philippines



About
My name is Mary Grace Sulla. You can call me Gracey, for short. I love to write stories and poems. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by gracey88


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by gracey88