Queen B has her sights on fashion world

Queen B has her sights on fashion world

A Story by gracieson
"

This has been a big year for fashionista and media personality Bonang “Queen B” Matheba.

"

From hosting Metro FM’s Front Row show, to landing a fat contract as the Revlon cosmetics global brand ambassador and launching a saucy lingerie range named “Distraction By Bonang”, there is no denying Matheba’s “It” factor that also landed her a spot as a glamorous Top Billing presenter.

We asked her how she juggles her work and still finds time to holiday in Europe.

“I always feel like whatever it is that you are meant to be doing, things will work themselves out in your favour. Everything just seemed to fall into place the whole of 2014. This has been my dream and I am doing what I was meant to do,” she says.

iol lif dec 29 ca life Bonang Matheba3 done

KissyDress black bridesmaid dresses

We met the Joburg-based Matheba at the Shimmy Beach Club where she was attending the “Celebrating Excellence” party, as part of the Ciroc Circle of Four, including David Tlale, DJ Dimplez and Da L.E.S.

She tells us it’s her official last day at work before she visits her mother in Durban for the holidays.

“Being part of the Ciroc Circle is a wonderful opportunity for my brand because I always wanted to go international and broaden my footprints beyond Africa.”

Not wanting to give away too much about her 2015 plans, she says her new “Distraction By Bonang” campaign is going to blow us away. “I also have plans to go to Ibiza and to meet amazing people from all over the world.”

Matheba adds that she is looking forward to the J&B Met in Cape Town at the end of January where she will be wearing a hot number by celebrity fashion designer Gert-Johan Coetzee.

“I love this city, it has such a European feel to it. Cape Town summers are the best, the people are amazing and the days are long… I love it here,” she adds.

green prom dresses

© 2014 gracieson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on December 30, 2014
Last Updated on December 30, 2014
Tags: women, fashion, style

Author

gracieson
gracieson

London, London, United Kingdom



About
I love shopping and travel. more..

Writing