The Unexpected Guess

The Unexpected Guess

A Poem by gram linski

The bone tired business of everyday smothers ideas to grey, strangles life into 8 hour bursts and leaves nothing but imagination - stolen wheeled in need of recharging, as the hammer slaps me under, living beneath the weight of clouds on brittle, broken earth - surfacing to excess / , still no-one to love, no answer in the sanded wood or painful knee, no promise of anything in the barbed wire bouquet of dreams, no thunder, lightning,, tormented wind, rain chilled memories cast aside until emptiness is new, the cobweb cell blown free, diamond polished mirrors, Reminding more and less, A walk through desert parks, hand in hand with who, a missed connection every week, diving into pools of lost hope, and return to sender, cold and wet, the restless sleep of ghosts call my name, sending horsemen to the moon, a twitch in time saves scratching, a sudden silent death saves asking, losing pieces but finding ground beneath my feet - the Cosmos awaits, the End.

© 2019 gram linski


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A loveless existence in the never ending cycle of life. What a difference it makes when there is a love interest. What a different perspective that puts on our days. Turns existing into living. There is always hope. Poignant little write here gram.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


gram linski

4 Years Ago

What me? was known as a rascal in me yoof, don't know what dat mean! lol,
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

You be a scallywag then :)
gram linski

4 Years Ago

It has been said, lol
The profound mundanity of life is manacled to the rotation of hands, pointed at false numbers of hope and the rotation of the earth. We live each minute, some of us, awaiting that thing that will come and make us whole. Indeed if love has broken like an old grandfather clock, the pendulum stilled the ticking a mere echo in time life can feel even more threadbare and torturous.

Posted 4 Years Ago


gram linski

4 Years Ago

Great poem, John, you should upload this, lol, no, seriously, make it available for public consumpti.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

4 Years Ago

You wanna be my agent gram ole boy?
gram linski

4 Years Ago

Only if I can f**k you side ways in the morn, soundtrack ; The Meat Puppets, Too high to die,
with no love, no real life outside of the 9 to 5 grind...we get lost in the routine of life...and love and happiness take a back seat...
and without love, even if we lose it...where is the inspiration to write?

j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


gram linski

4 Years Ago

In the heart, j. I know that you know and you know it too.
What a beautiful piece of prose!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

Glad you liked it, Edie, more shambolic rant than actual prose, lol
Edie Blue Starfish

4 Years Ago

A lovely shambolic rant then.
:)
gram linski

4 Years Ago

ch:):):)rs

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2019
Last Updated on June 14, 2019

Author

gram linski
gram linski

About
Caged In An Animal's Mind Caged in an animal's mind; No wish to be more or else Than I am; a smile and a grief Of breath that thinks with its blood, Yet straining despite; unsure In my stir .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Condemned Condemned

A Poem by Chris Shaw