The Adjacent man

The Adjacent man

A Poem by gram linski
"

"I'm with this idiot,

"
                    Torn between people, strangers, madmen, The living and the dead, the undead, my mind resides in a dark and dangerous place, the shadow zone of uncertainty, the lunatic fringe beneath the fringe, the twisted, sick, insane reality that makes me one of you, human, - SCUM - little children  playing little games, now the rat race has begun,

                    The opium of the masses, hatred, horror, pain, THE ULTIMATE PERSISTANCE OF MANKIND IS TO MAKE EVERYONE AS MISERABLE AND DOWN TRODDEN AS EVERYONE ELSE; MONEY WON'T SAVE YOU NOW, DARLING, You have to feel the need to hate your fellow man and if it's not strong enough then F**K YOU; YOU'RE GONNNA GET YOUR XXXX F*****G HEAD KICKED IN.

                    The analytical mind bends to perceive this strange reply, for want of a better "nom de plume ", A falsetto song marches from my lips as I sit downcast by this bizarre turn of events, THE PAST IS DEAD; LONG LIVE THE PAST; THE REST, AS THEY SAY IS HISTORY.

                    A simple character assassination, as lethal as lead through flesh, and just as useful and comforting to the man in the iron mask, The strange verse of reality, streaked with unwanted abandon, not so much lambs to the slaughter, as lambs to  the self induced spontaneous combustion of the entire dietary system.

                    ANGELHEAD ANGELHEAD RETIRE WITH ME TO THE BATH AND WASH YOUR DIRTY FINGERS IN MY WINDOW PANE, RELAX TO THE SOUND OF THE ANGRY WIND AND THE TEARFUL SKY AND THE SOFTLY, SOFTLY, softly, softly, wondering, whispering whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhyhywhy, WHY.

      

© 2019 gram linski


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ouch!!! I got caught in the blast!!
T

Posted 4 Years Ago


gram linski

4 Years Ago

collateral damage, sorry dude,
Seems you need eyes in the back and sides of your head as well as the front to see what:s coming next. Then maybe an extra arm or two in case someone tries to inflict hurt. You will then start to look like the monster that:s going on inside of your head. I was feeling quite sane until I read this. Good morning.orshould I say good turmoil.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


gram linski

4 Years Ago

Lol, thanks Chris, technically it is still Saturday night, good turmoil indeed, that sounds like a p.. read more
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Will be happy to read it :))
We all have different sides to us and I guess struggle with our true selves and guilt about this and that and more. Sometimes we can even hate a side of ourselves as it causes chaos and hurt and confusion in our own minds. And we have to keep living with it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


gram linski

4 Years Ago

loved the review, John, W.T.F. you on about, I'm as sane as the next man, unfortunately I'm standing.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

4 Years Ago

Yup I had spotted the split personalities old boy!
you know the mind is in turmoil when the angry wind is a calming force.
I like this rant...man is finding more and more ways to get his f--ing head kicked in...hate will allow for that to happen numerous times..

Posted 4 Years Ago


gram linski

4 Years Ago

cheers j. thanks for the read, it is not always the problem directly in front of you that is the lif.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2019
Last Updated on June 15, 2019

Author

gram linski
gram linski

About
Caged In An Animal's Mind Caged in an animal's mind; No wish to be more or else Than I am; a smile and a grief Of breath that thinks with its blood, Yet straining despite; unsure In my stir .. more..

Writing