Interloper

Interloper

A Story by Dhietr
"

A young man experiences the strangest event in his life, yet.

"
A high pitched sound wakes me up. I opened my eyes slowly, trying to remember something, anything. I am in a classroom, full of students. Just what you would expect from a normal classroom. Everyone sits still, even though there is no teacher in the room, and I get the seat at the back of the room, no one on my left nor right.

Well, this brings back memories.

The wooden door slides open and an old man walks in. He walks to the teacher's table on the other side of the room, carrying some books with one hand. Usually there would be greetings, but there is none. "Your homework please" he said with a slight smile. Everyone worked as if this seems usual, each taking his/her assignment that is already placed on top of their tables, handing it to the old man. There is nothing on my table. There is no bag near me too.

Aw s**t.

"Mr. Lance", I heard his voice. "Where is yours?"
"Well, uh..., I... seem to forget it, sir", is the best reason I can think of.

He puts the student's papers on his table, turned to me, then walks, slowly. His footsteps echoes in the room, getting louder as he comes closer to me. Apart from him, nothing moves, not the slightest bit. I am starting to get frightened of what he will do to me. When our distance is only a meter away, I hear the high pitched sound again. At the same time, everything fades into black.

It doesn't take long until the colors came back, along with the strangest phenomenon. I'm no longer in the classroom, but a forest. I see tress, nothing but trees. They all have thick, tall trunk, and red leaves, so many that the sunlight barely goes through. I fall to the ground, trying to think about what just happened.

This doesn't make sense...

I try to calm myself. Controlling my breathing, it seems to work a bit, because I just realized that the ground is covered with leaves too, some red and the others brown. After a while, I decided to explore my surrounding, in hope to discover anything that can tell me about this place.

After what seems to be ten minutes walk, I hear something snaps. Quickly, I stick my body to the nearest tree, and try to identify the source of the sound. Then, I see something moves between the trees far from me. May be a person, I thought, so I decided to go there carefully. I walk as silently as I can, trying to not get detected from whatever it is I'm going to. Then I see him moving between the trees again, the distance between us is still not close, but not far either. It seems he's dragging something with him.

A minute later, I see him again clearly, and what he's dragging with him, a garbage bag shaped like a human. Upon this realization, I stopped in fear.

No, please don't be what I think it is.

The mysterious man glances around, as if he's looking for something. Although, he looked more like he's sniffing. Suddenly, his head turned 180 degrees toward me, defying human capability. I know now it isn't human, with its pitch black skin and faceless face, striking terror to my heart. Once again, I fall onto the ground, paralyzed. But the thing turned his head away, and continued walking away from me. It disappears after passing a tree. Before I can think of anything, a shadow looms over me. The shadow rises its hand, but before it comes down, the high pitched sound comes again.

This time I'm in a vehicle of some sort. A space vehicle, I think, judging from what I can see through the window in front of me. But I care more about that thing from the forest, and hope that I'll never see it again.

Out of nowhere, a giant meteor makes its appearance, heading straight to earth. And after a few minutes, it destroyed the blue planet. I can only watch through the window, unable to do anything about it. The high pitched sound is heard again.

Next is on top of a skyscraper, then an endless beach, snowy mountain, a football match, places that don't share anything in common. And finally, a white room. White tiles, white walls, white sofa, white table, and a man dressed in white, sitting in front of me.

Wait, I've seen you.

"You-", I wanted to ask him.
"The teacher", he cuts me.
That's not what I wanted to ask.
"I'm sure you have many questions, but it takes long to get you and we are short on time", he said hastily. "All that you just experienced are only dreams".
"That's what I think too! There's no other ex-", is all I can say before he cuts me again.
"But that is not just a dream, for each and every one of the places you visited are other people's dream"
"Other people? But how?", I asked, trying to make it short.
"Simply put, you have the ability to intrude other dreams, you are what we call Interloper. Oh, it seems time's up"

The sound of my alarm wakes me up. This time, I'm on my bed.

What the hell did I just dreamed?

© 2015 Dhietr


Author's Note

Dhietr
My first writing, reviews will be greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
Added on July 23, 2015
Last Updated on July 23, 2015

Author

Dhietr
Dhietr

About
Learning to write stories more..

Writing
18 June 2015 18 June 2015

A Chapter by Dhietr