The Lion And The Mouse

The Lion And The Mouse

A Story by Cecilia
"

The Lion and The Mouse, true story.

"

Once upon time in a far away day was a little mouse. She was very tiny and scared of everything, but can you blame her? All of the other mice teased and tricked and sent her to the lions. She was all alone, she ran and ran from the lions and burrowed into the ground. She swore to herself no one would find her here or look for her so she would never leave unless it was for food. She was convinced no one cared for her. And in reality, no one did. She was so very sad and lonely though.

One day, when she was looking for her food for the day a lion came out of no where and stood over her, she was positive she was going to get eaten. The lion looked so very hungry and he kept teasing her, she could be free, she couldn't, she could, she couldn't. She could, she could and he let her be free but the mouse said to herself, "He'll be back for me."

The lion didn't know where the little mouse lived so she was not worried, she didn't feel like she should run. She liked her house, but after a while, she realized the only interaction with anything else, well only interaction that meant anything, was that day with the lion. She couldn't stop thinking about the lion. How scary he was, how he was so confusing, how she had no idea if he was going to eat her or not. She wanted to meet the lion again. She had too.

But no, she didn't look for him, she knew, if they were meant to be in each others lives that he would come to her.

She went about her lonely, sad, little life. Waiting for what seemed an eternity, she went back to where she saw the lion that day often, but no, he was never there. Finally one day she collapsed looking for water and out of no where the lion picked her up and held her in his mouth, she knew it was over. The lion took her all the way to a secret lake and let her drink plenty. She turned to the lion and said,

"Lion, you are so very big and scary and you look quite hungry, are you just nursing me back to health to eat me? If so, just do it now."

"No, little mouse, why are you so scared? What makes you think all lions are bad? I promise, little mouse, i'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to show you that you're not alone."

"....hmph..."

From that day on, the lion never left the little mouse alone, no matter how much she wanted it. But in some ways he was comforting. He always helped her with whatever she asked, even when he helped another mouse. She was not little, and they did not get along. The two mice had problems with each other, they hated each other, but really only because they were competing over the lion. The lion started to favor the little mouse over the evil mouse and she could not stand that. She commanded the lion to dispose of the sweet sad  little mouse. And he did.

To this day, no one know why he did it, why he ate the little mouse, did he want to? Or was he just doing what the evil mouse asked in fear. He spit out the dead carcass of the little mouse and left her in dust. A memory. But the worst part was that the little mouse knew it was going to happen, but she loved the lion with all of her sad little heart, and she forgave him right before he bit into her sad little body. I bet her only regret is never telling him she was thankful. That she loved him.

"I forgive you, dear friend."

The End.

© 2009 Cecilia


Author's Note

Cecilia
Alt Ending. Is here. http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/greatawakening/440104/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute story that tells that those who seek approval so much as they respect themselves so little bring the abuse on themselves that they always suffer...

Posted 14 Years Ago


aww that's nice i enjoined it my mom will like that

Posted 14 Years Ago


awwwww .. have nothing more to say ..awwwww

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2009
Last Updated on August 7, 2009

Author

Cecilia
Cecilia

TN



About
I love a lot. I love love, in fact it's my favorite thing, I love being in love, I love quotes, I love anime, I love video games, I love art, I love poetry, I love life, I love smiling, I lo.. more..

Writing
I'm... I'm...

A Story by Cecilia


wordvomit. wordvomit.

A Poem by Cecilia


The Letter The Letter

A Story by Cecilia