One Small Voice

One Small Voice

A Poem by Einstein Noodle
"

not one group owns it ... all groups owe it ..

"
Image result for paper tiger
one small voice
few trite noises
                      with 
rights 
cast out to sea
                       hard the
lizard licking 
            slick slip lips
on the tongues of
un - 
      ruling gavels
                       pounding
pound
              pound     
                                down and 
grounding. 
          
Baluga smiles.
one small voice
lost lions roar
paper thin
inferno soars
10/18/2016
E.  

© 2016 Einstein Noodle


Author's Note

Einstein Noodle

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are number of lines here that I don't like. Because I did not think of them first. This whole write takes the reader on an almost staccato development. Bouncing (as the format emphasises) from one thought pole, one concept to another and yet the whole is satisfying as far as structure is concened. Subject however is another matter entirely. I find the formost feeling I get it one of unease. I maybe way out there but I feel you do not intend the reader to walk away with a feeling of contentment. You wish to continue the thinking as perhaps the inner child, as some one else mentioned, does. In any event it is striking workmanship.
Beluga smile indeed.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

yes .. definitely unease and a thinking thing:) i so appreciate your candid remarks .. and your visi.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

ps so glad you listened to and watched the video ;)))))))



Reviews

There are number of lines here that I don't like. Because I did not think of them first. This whole write takes the reader on an almost staccato development. Bouncing (as the format emphasises) from one thought pole, one concept to another and yet the whole is satisfying as far as structure is concened. Subject however is another matter entirely. I find the formost feeling I get it one of unease. I maybe way out there but I feel you do not intend the reader to walk away with a feeling of contentment. You wish to continue the thinking as perhaps the inner child, as some one else mentioned, does. In any event it is striking workmanship.
Beluga smile indeed.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

yes .. definitely unease and a thinking thing:) i so appreciate your candid remarks .. and your visi.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

ps so glad you listened to and watched the video ;)))))))
I know when I engage Jackson, my dog, with my love and care a part of me thanks him for bringing the boy back in me.

Thank You E!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

boy do i hear that ..Bella the wonder Dog never ceases to elicit love from this old heart ..and i am.. read more
What a wonderful piece of art.. because that is what it is -via form and word.. in sense and yes, sensibility. My brother used to love songs by - is it Harry Chaplin. One of them was about a boy who wanted to use colour but wasn't allowed to because it wasn't the norm. (Was the song called Grass is green' or similar?) Seems children are being cloned earlier and earlier these days.. yet us wretched world-mucking adults drum-drum-drum unholy stuff into them as if that were the norm. Innocence isn't bought or manufactured, it's there waiting .. to show what purity and happiness and imagination really is. Sorry, typed too much.. your poem is an inspiration, a reminder and - i love it - even though my interpretation might be wrong.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

well ... they are all responsible and hard working ..very hard working actually ..but i have three l.. read more
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

My review was a mess, poorly put so am amending: Education primarily comes from parents: they are .. read more
Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

thank you so much ...we all agree it was their mother that blessed with the good stuff ;)) thank you.. read more
Our inner child is precious; they stay with us even in our old age. Perceptions of youth can be humorous and profound. Adults have the tendency to lie or lost in delusion with abstract thinking. It is refreshing to be around kids because they are concrete with their views; it is simplistic. "Small voices" are overlooked at times because of their age. Their thought process does not always match up with an adult. For instance, a child's fear of the monster under their bed will be dismissed by a parent. The next day we learn in the news it was an intruder, but the mother dismissed it as a nightmare.

Visual poetry has always appealed to me. The writer scatters images and emotions by including auditory senses. I envision the speaker staring at the origami tiger as he or she wants "small voices" to be heard.

Overall, children are smarter than they appear. Thank you for sharing!

sincerely,
ria

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

what an inspiring review my friend ..i so appreciate your thoughts on children and this poem ..but m.. read more
Vria P Crow

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words. :D Have a wonderful day, my friend.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
E...and it seems the life of innocence keeps getting shorter and shorter. Why must adaults ruin everything? Why can't we just let them go back to painting rainbows and imagining gray ski back to blue.
You are a brilliant voice in the heart of things :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

aw thanks lynn ..you are very kind .. i like the verse from the Good Book that tells adults (i am pa.. read more
Nice poem, and I like the picture! It was fun to read, he repeated words. And I like your choice of words. Very well done! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

thank you Cyprian .. glad you enjoyed ..
E.
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

You're very welcome.
A lovely little bit that would seem at first to be nonsensical, and maybe it is in a lovely, lyrical reminder of sitting down with my grandchildren and watching children's shows on T.V. Well done fun E. A good write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

thanks for taking time Ted! those "kids shows" are the best when watched with the grand children ;) .. read more
This makes me think of all the greatness we are surrounded with, the people who act selflessly helping others, the child in pain, who wants nothing more than to see their parents smile and the commitment and devotion that sees people achieve unbelievable greatness, all caused by that childhood seed of seeing what needs changing and doing something to make it happen. What would our loss truly be if Mother Teresa decided to be selfish, or the person who invented wind up radio had done it for commercial reasons? Those are only a couple from the many, who saw and decided to act for the benefit of all. We need more small voices. Superb write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

my dear friend Nemo ...how gracious your words ..and so encouraging to me ..can not than k you adequ.. read more
Lorry

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I used to volunteer at a children's hospice, before it all got too much, and the selfless.. read more
Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

spot on my friend ..spot on! in my fogged at times memory ..i believe that the Bible says something .. read more
Our innocence is paper thin, isn't it? Very fragile and once broken, well, it can never be what it once was. If only childhood would last just a bit longer. I liked this a lot, E. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

yes .... spot on my friend! i wish i had said it so eloquently as your comment .. thank you for taki.. read more
I love the flow of this...but it doesn't flow, does it? There is discordance initially...a dissonance that puts you on edge, right where you want the reader to be...so that when you pull the lines back into a semblance of normalcy, we sigh with relief...and listen to the words penned there...and the point is driven home...one small voice. I like it. Love the voice. Great little piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

what a fine sensitive review ...i especially thank you for respecting my crazy breaks .. we owe tha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1977 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 19, 2016

Author

Einstein Noodle
Einstein Noodle

Pork Rind, AK



About
This morning as I began to log in to WC, it occurred to me what an inspiring and comfortable place this has become for me. There are so many talented people sharing, encouraging, teaching and learni.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


64 64

A Poem by Lydia Shutter