Chapter2: In The City Of Thedoen

Chapter2: In The City Of Thedoen

A Chapter by M.K. Jawdat

"I have been looking for you Mr. Bengen." Lady Tara's deep and polite voice gave him a start.

"My dear Lady," He stood up,bending his head slightly, "You could have sent any of the red guards for me, they always know where to find me." He spoke gently.

"Yes I am aware of that," she smirked, "You've been ordered to make sure the red guards are always aware of your location, security measures, I guess." Bengen knew the sarcasm hidden behind this.

It was six O'clock at the evening and Bengen had been sitting in his small room for two hours, writing letters including the one to her daughter Regel. This was where he mostly used to keep personal documents and objects of importance.

Tara helped herself to a comfortable chair near the window where she could observe the sky. "So, how is the Queen?" She asked without looking at him, "I heard you had a meeting yesterday. Well I haven't seen her for quite a long while."

"She is, well...", Bengen sighed, "What can be spoken of her, as you know the grief of losing her son is consuming her, she is sick, very sick." There was few minutes's silence in the room.

"He was the gem of the family," Tara finally spoke in a tone Bengen had never heard from her, "The most precious gem, most beloved prince, and...." Tara suddenly rose with a start,as if willing to end the conversation.

"Why I came here is to inform you of a very important issue, as you know, the King, and everyone else is busy handling the people of Thedoen, but there's something else, a very important matter that needs our attention." She spoke in one breath.

Bengen knew very well what that important matter was. Tara was the 48 years old widowed sister of the King, she had been living in the palace since his husband's death, took care of the King's children very affectionately. Even Regel had grown up under her caring supervision. Bengen could swear that there was no well wisher of the royal family and the people greater than Lady Tara.

She like everyone of the royal family was though grieved but also inwardly concerned about the future of Thedoen. The late Prince Fereg was the crown Prince and was going to be crowned the next month, now there were two candidates Zizin the son of King Rane's elder brother who was well learnt in all trades and fighting skills, and Zekrel, the younger brother of the murdered prince.

Though Zekrel was like his own son, Bengen knew the reason the King was hesitant to entrust the kingdom to him, it was his carefree manners and not taking interest in politics or learning fighting skills. Zizin now may be the next preference of the King, the people also respected him and declaring him the new king would calm them down. But Bengen also knew that this should never happen, he knew more about Zizin than the King and Tara definitely knew better than everyone else.

''Well the King is...'' she began to spoke but the was interrupted as the door of the room banged open and a bewildered Cevi entered. Lady Tara looked at him furiously but before she could say something, the Commander or the red guards spoke in a hoarse and trembling voice, "I... I'm sorry, my respected lady, and Mr. Bengen. But the news I just heard..."

"What's happened?" asked Tara.

"I just received the message that, Prince's murderer, he's been caught, well not caught actually. But they've found six eye witnesss."

"This is a good news." Said Bengen, "Now the royal family and people will be bit satisfied to see the Prince's murderer get punished."

Cevi was pale, he acted as hadn't heard Bengem at all. Tara had her eyes fixed upon him, quiet as if she knew there was something bad about this news.

"My dear Lady, the killer, according to the witnesses," He stopped dramatically. "It's Prince Zekrel."

There was a loud bang of thunder heard from outside, the weather had suddenly changed and violent rain started at once. Inside the room Tara and Bengen had frozen after hearing what just Cevi has said.

Bengen couldn't believe this was true, Zekrel could never kill anyone. He had seen him grow up, with his own daughter Regel. They were both really close, always together since their childhood.

"Has the Prince been arrested?" Tara asked, try to keep her voice firm.

"No, but detained in his own chamber, I'll make sure he doesn't get arrested before the King's orders. They're off to inform him."

Tara sighed, "I need to see him before anyone else does, before the news arrives the King" She told Cevi sternly. He nodded his hair and the both of them left the room at once, following the Commander.



© 2014 M.K. Jawdat


Author's Note

M.K. Jawdat
what do you think?
Open to constructive criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So far i love this book keep up the great work and keep them coming i can't wait to read more of your books

Posted 10 Years Ago


M.K. Jawdat

10 Years Ago

thank you so much, looking forward to read more of your work as well. Chapter 3 has been posted
melissa

10 Years Ago

Your welcome
nice attempt . . . . . Keep writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


M.K. Jawdat

10 Years Ago

thank you I H ....
many typos, will correct soon. Do mention grammatical mistakes.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2014
Last Updated on May 12, 2014


Author

M.K. Jawdat
M.K. Jawdat

About
Not much to say about me. 1. I like to write for fun, practice and clearing my mind. I write with the pen name that is my wc name as well. 2. I appreciate reviews and critique. 3. I dislike rude.. more..

Writing
Write Write

A Poem by M.K. Jawdat