Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck

A Story by Jules

I was bored. The party had turned into a complete failure. I sat on the couch, trying to ignore the happy couples surrounding me. Honestly, I was going to bail, even though my best friend's boyfriend was hosting the party and it was important to her that I came. I was simply done with all the horrid events that had transpired.

 

I had put up with my boyfriend completely ignoring me the entire night. Apparently he was too busy with "the guys" to pay any attention to me at all. Still, the last straw was when I caught him making out with some random girl. I was so mad at him! No matter how hard he tried, there was no going back. We were over. And I was just done with this party

 

So here I was. Sitting alone. Surounded by happy highschool kids giggling and kissing. This was torture. I was about to get up and bust this joint

And then I saw you. Standing alone. You looked bored out of your mind, surrounded by couples making our and all the shirtess idiots. Then I realized you were making your way over to me. Now I was nervous.

 

You nugded a couple out of you way and sat down.

"Hi, I dont think we've met...I'm Ben."
"Julia."
"Sorry, you had me wonderstruck for a moment, I don't usually get tongue tied..."
 
I must have blushed. I looked down at the floor in embarrassment. No one is ever this sweet to me. You had me at hello. Literally.
 
"Honestly, I was gonna ditch this place until I saw you sitting here all alone and whatnot. Can I get you a drink?"
"Actually, you should probably have a drink yourself before you ask a girl, but hey, why not?"
 
The night was great. Turned out to be better than I thought it would. However, from the moment I saw your face I was simply lovesick. I was up until two just wondering what you were thinking. I was hoping you would cherish this night as much as I had because something strange had happened. As if it was a spark. Of true love? Maybe. But I had no clue what you were thinking. I just hoped you weren't in love with someone else...

Did you know? Could you know?
That I was Enchanted to meet you?

© 2012 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
Hey this is my second story, also my version of Wonderstruck. What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very cute piece, reminds me a lot of Taylor Swift's song Enchanted :)

Lovely writing! The contrast between the differnet kinds of people at this place is great, really brought the piece to life! Beautiful and very tender and sweet. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a very good piece of writing that captures perfectly that momentous first meeting of two anxious hearts. Hopefully, it is two, but only the author decides.
A small error here: "surrounded by couples making our and all the..." I think you meant "out" and not "our".

Posted 11 Years Ago


lol nice...you did a good job of telling your pov!!


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012

Author

Jules
Jules

FL



About
I like ghost stories, 80s music, fashion, musicals, owls, and writing. I hope you like my writing! more..

Writing
The Institution The Institution

A Story by Jules


English writing English writing

A Story by Jules


The Inheritance The Inheritance

A Story by Jules