Falling from grace

Falling from grace

A Story by The Shadow of the Dawn

As the sun starts to rise over the rolling hills. As the light hits his white wings, a tear starts form on his face as he holds the lifeless body of his love. Several large gust of wind blow across them, followed by the sound of wing beats. "Look at what your betrayal has done, it has cost you the life of the one you love" he looked up to see four angels land just a few feet away. "You did this not me" he said as the tear fell from his face and landed on hers.

His wings flares as he softly placed her head on the ground, as he rose to face the ones that were the reason she was dead. "Who do you think you are to stand against the Morningstar" the leader of the angels yelled out. "My... name is... Michael Astrum Nomen" was all he could say as wind begins to circle around his feet and he felt his angelic power start to rise. His wings began to shimmer as the white feathers start to fall away only to be replaced by new feathers to colour of liquid gold.

 His eyes flashed a colour of shining gold as the power took over him. "This can't be, it's impossible, a golden angel but they were all killed" exclaimed one of the angels, "I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end" come from Michael in an almost growl. "the golden angel will be no more once again" screamed one of the other angel as he conjured a heavenly blade and charged at Michael, but before it could use the blade exploded in to a million pieces throwing the angel backwards then a spell long since forgotten spilled from Michaels lips "lux lucis of meus animus videlicet meus os" and with this light exploded from all the feathers that had fallen from his wings, his wings themselves and his hands. As the light faded from the clearing, Michaels eyes flashed back to normal, feeling completely drained he fell to his knees.

 Dazed Michael rose up on unstable legs, walking over to where he had tried to save Leah. She lay there still and lifeless with a large wound in her chest. Michael moved the hair that had been blown across her face. Only to notice the tear he had shed just after the other angels arrived, had been frozen and had turned a golden colour. As soon as Michael laid eyes on this golden tear his eyes flashed gold again and another spell fell from his lips "ego clamaverunt flentes lucis pro dilectione mea, illi a caelo, et reducent eam pectus". Once the spell was finished the tear lit up followed by Michael’s hands which he placed one over her heart and I over his own. The wound heal quickly as their hearts started to beat in time it was like all the pain that the wound caused flowed though he for what seemed like hours, then suddenly it was gone.

 Leah's chest starts to rise and fall under his hand. Leah's hand slowly came up from the ground was gracefully placed on the side of his face and she than softly says "you'll always be my Guardian Angel". She slips back in to the grips of unconsciousness. As Michael picks her up gently he notices a distortion out of the corner of his eye. It looked like the heat that rises off the roads had been trapped in one place; an odd shape starts to form in the middle of the distortion. two shining white wing emerge from the distortion parting to reveal Castiel "you what are you doing here,.... it's can't be, you, I’ve had the angel of Prophecy within my reach the whole time and didn't know" Castiel fell to his knees as Michael wrapped his now golden wings around him and Leah, a second later they were gone

© 2011 The Shadow of the Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have great description and imagery in this piece, especially in the parts about Michael's wings. However, it's a bit hard to comprehend because of the lack of paragraphs. Consider using more of them and having more spacing.

I like the Latin phrases (I think they're Latin? Forgive me if I'm wrong), and the whole thing is very sweet. I was a bit confused by the Castiel part at the end, because he was never really mentioned before.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the image you create here of their world. It feels very mystical and light and the colors you chose are very vibrant. I would suggest having someone proof this for you for formatting and a few typos. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have great description and imagery in this piece, especially in the parts about Michael's wings. However, it's a bit hard to comprehend because of the lack of paragraphs. Consider using more of them and having more spacing.

I like the Latin phrases (I think they're Latin? Forgive me if I'm wrong), and the whole thing is very sweet. I was a bit confused by the Castiel part at the end, because he was never really mentioned before.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well done! this is a truely fab piece of writing! Just need to watch for capital letters but other then that beautiful :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 14, 2011