Jolly's Journal

Jolly's Journal

A Story by Joey Johnson

Journal 1

Life never struck me as being very hard. For me it has always been pretty easy. I grew up in a well-off home, with a family that cared. We were not overly wealthy, but my parents still made me work for my own money.

So I decided from an early age to study and learn everything that I could. So that one day I could spend my money and give my money how I pleased. It didn't take me very long to earn lots of money. I decided that I would build an Empire with my wealth.

I had created several items that was the reason for my wealth. One of my favorites was an enviromental suit that could also be used in space that was more mobile. Also a new space shuttle that could hold up to a hundred passsengers and ten tons of cargo, it was also better suited for longer trips. A better targeting system for nuclear missles. I even found a way to put people into extended sleep, so there was a better chance to find cure for illnesses and long term space travel. These goodies made me a very rich man.

However, I was no longer happy with the way things was going on Earth. The leaders were crooked and idiots. So I planned and went ahead with a huge empire on Mars.

I picked two people I trusted most and put them in charge of helping me run my empire. One would stay on Earth and the other would come with me to Mars. My close friend William Johnstone would be the General and my vioce on Earth. My other close friend Randolph Aston would be my General on Mars.

I would watch my own army here on Mars and General Johnstone would have an elite team on Earth. So I am pleased with the way things are coming along thus far.I have even decided to take some time to look for a wife.

Until next time,

John

Journal 2

It has been two years since I last wrote anything. Things have taken a turn for the worse. The morale of the people on Mars is way down. I think that they may riot. I hope that
Randolph can come up with something.

Here on Mars things have grown out of control. Despite me hand selecting only the best from Earth, old habits seem to die hard. Prostitution, drugs, rape, even murder, people still will not learn. No matter what
Randolph did people just didn't want to stop. So I took William's advice and adopted his law, The No Excuse Law, it made all major crimes punishable by death. They would be put to death by a fat man smothering them to death.This should have a major impact on crimes here as it has had on Earth. I pray it does.

Now I have gotten reports that my peace talks on Earth are failing. William has been fighting his hardest to show them my point of view. I just hope that William's loyality does't bring him harm.

I have found a wonderful wife. We both want to have children. This is good, even great news.

John

Journal 3

Seems to be three years since I have last wrote something. As something good happens, bad is always hiding around the corner. I just wish things would take a turn for the better.

On Mars things are coming along better than I could have hoped. The No Excuse Law is doing great for the crime rate. It is at an all time low. Everyone is worried about our friends on Earth, but they have been putting the nuclear missles together, thanks to
Randolph.

William sent me reports that several goverments were fighting against Mars becoming an independent country. They went as far as sending assassians and snipers after him. Instead William's team has been putting them down right and left. He hopes that the world leaders will start to listen to him. If not we both agree to start a new world alligence.

I hope that William can stay safe, he has himself and his family. Such a large group for someone always in the spotlight. My wife gave birth to my first child this year, a little boy.

John

Journal 4

Twenty years have passed since the last time I wrote in these pages. Things are finally starting to come together, but the price was high.

William marked the cities that we would need to bomb if he couldn't get the leaders to listen to him. He was convinced that he could change their minds. He was thrilled that the president of the
USA was going to give him one last chance to talk to him, he told me that he knew it was a trap, but that he had to try. The sniper shot him before he could talk. William's widow took his spot as leader on Earth. The b******s got what they deserved!

Mars is doing great,
Randolph helped the war come along smoothly here on Mars. The nuclear missles he was in charge of did the job. Moscow, Saudi Arabia, Mexico City, and Washington, D.C. were wiped of Earth forever. Wondreful Nucs, such horrinle weapons with great results.

The sacrifice that my best friend made gave my cause a martyr. He will be missed.

John

Journal 5

It has been somewhere around a hundred years since last I wrote, if I can remember right. I have dicided to put myself into extended sleep until someone finds a cure for mortality, and can reverse old age.

John

************************************

Today in the news our first emperor, John Jolly, was killed today. As a nuclear missle that lay in a building down the street from him exploded.He is most remembered for uniting mankind in a peace that has lasted for more than a thousand years. He will be missed.

© 2008 Joey Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written but total shite, it just has no drive and the narrative is weak.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

Joey Johnson
Joey Johnson

Amarillo, TX



About
I enjoy writing. Never went to high school. I also hate it when people compliment what I do without seeing the end results or they are afraid they will hurt my feelings. more..

Writing
Faith Faith

A Poem by Joey Johnson


Decay Decay

A Poem by Joey Johnson


Twisted Twisted

A Poem by Joey Johnson