Twins of Christopher

Twins of Christopher

A Story by Smiles:)
"

It.... Strange.

"

 Have you ever been the person that was completely normal and one small change made you the most special person in the world? Or ever been a person that's made a lot of mistakes but come's out being the hero? Kara Tinnik was a person like that. She was just a normal girl in a normal school with a normal life and a normal family, until her world fell in ashes.

First day of Junior year. Kara went searching for her locker in the crowded freshman hallway. People kept giving her looks, like they automatically knew they wouldn't get along with her. She just sighed and kept moving. She'd been to enough schools to know how to act when your the new girl.

Her father had a job for a company that required him to move around a lot. The family moved at least once a year. Kara and her twin brother, Anthony, were the new kids at school all the time. But this time, he promised them that they would settle in and live here for a couple years.

Kara and Anthony both wanted to stay at a school and have friends. Also to be able to keep those friends. Kara smiled at the thought of having a friend.
As Kara lead her brother to his first class, she peered at her schedule. Her first class would be her biology class, room 128, three doors down from her brothers first hour. She said bye to Anthony and speeded toward her class. She jostled her way through the door and sat in the middle of the class as students rushed in at the sound of the bell. She kept her head down as the door opened and a tall elegant woman entered. Kara looked up and saw the woman's amazing features. She looked about six foot tall, with an extra inch in heels. Her smile shun brightly like ray's of sunshine on the vast field of the class. What made her even more beautiful was her thick, curly auburn hair cut just above her breasts, and with eye's like the orange of a setting sun. Her voice, though, surprised Kara with a sharpness she would not have expected from a woman so elegant.

“Sit up straight, get your workbook out. I do not accept tardiness, impoliteness, or late work. Your must be on time, get excellent grades, and listen. If you follow along swell, than I suspect you will do just fine in my class.” She gave the class a big smile and continued, “My name is Mrs. Kidnik, but you may call me by my first name, Amabel. . .” She gave the students a lecture about the class rules and assignments that will be due. Kara sat through the hour wondering how such a beautiful woman could have such a rough speaking voice. She spoke so sweet and kindly, but her voice cracked and sounded scarred, as if she had screamed nonstop.
At the end of the period, Kara was the last to leave the class. As she began to walk out the door, Amabel called to her.
“Ms. Tinnik. May I have a word with you?” Kara stopped at the sound of her voice.
“Yes ma'am?” Kara strode toward her teacher. She looked into her beautiful eyes and saw pure happiness in them. Just pure happiness.
“You, and your brother, are new here. Where did you come from?” She said without looking at me.
“We came from New York city in Illinois. Wait, how do you know about my brother?” Kara squinted at her in curiosity. Still not looking at Kara, Amabel continued,
“It was on the registration list. So what made your family move all the way out here to Lovelock, Nevada? Pretty long trip.” Amabel shuffled through some papers.

“My father travels for his job. We move often. At least once a year. Kinda rough on us, especially my mother. She's paralyzed from the waist down. Um, may I go to my next class? I don't wanna be late.” She looked at Kara then.
“No. I want to have a conversation with you. I'll talk to your other teachers later about you being late. . .” she paused and wrote a note on her note pad. “Kara, you any good at poems, or riddles?”
“I'm okay at it. Not excellent, but pretty good. Why?” She looked at Kara and said,
“I need help with this riddle. You think you can help me? It's about a person in the United States. I need help to figure out who.”
“Sure I'll help. Write it down for me and I'll look at it tonight.” Kara smiled at her. Amabel wrote again on the note and and handed Kara the paper. She read it slowly to her self.

Two new beginnings. One is True, one is False. Come from the New. Mistakes be made, but True follow through. Their a pair, One and Two. Similar in every way but one. One will save, Two will destroy.
“This sounds so creepy. Is it worded exactly how it's suppose to?” Kara skimmed the riddle again.
“It's exactly how it is. Do you think you can figure it out?”
“I think so. It's really weird but seems easy. How long have you needed this figured out?” Amabel smiled grimly.

“Seven-teen years ago next week. I got this riddle seven-teen years ago on August 30, 1995, the first year I started teaching here.” Kara smiled and squeaked,

“That's our birthday! That is so weird!” Amabel's smile faded. “What?”

“Nothing. Go to your next class and return tomorrow with all you've found out about this riddle. Thank you Kara. By the way, beautiful name.” she smiled at her.

“Yours is too Amabel. I wouldn't know you were French unless you told me your name.” Kara left the room and went on her day.

At lunch, Kara met up with her brother. They talked about the friends they made, about their teachers, and all the homework and stupid crap they would have to do. Kara not once mentioned the riddle or the conversation with Amabel, but she knew Anthony would find out. He after all, was an exact copy of her. In almost every way, except one.

They both had the same thin black hair, different cuts, same glossy green eyes, same plump pink lips and straight pointy nose. Even the same height, five foot seven inches. The same in every way, but he was a boy, and she was a girl.

After lunch, they both went to their last three classes. For the rest of the day Kara had a weird feeling about Anthony. She not once gave thought about the riddle.
That night, after school, Kara went to her room to study. She took out the riddle and read it over and over. Out load and to herself.

Two new beginnings. One is True, one is False. Come from the New. Mistakes be made, but True follow through. Their a pair, One and Two. Similar in every way but one. One will save, Two will destroy.

In her note book, she wrote;

  • True and False are proper nouns with their capitalization.

  • There is two people being talked about.

  • One and two are also proper nouns.

  • Each one will do a different thing.

  • They come from a new place or some place called New.

  • They are exactly alike in every way but there is one thing different.

  • There a pair” Meaning they have to work together but one will come out being different.

  • It seems that One came first, like if was being talked about people, person One would have been born first or done something first.

She reread her notes over and over again until she heard a knock on her door.

“Who is it?” she yelled to the door.

“It's me, Anthony. Can I come in Kara? I need to talk to you.” Kara stuffed the notes and riddle in her dresser and walked over to the door. When she opened it, he was standing there, looking sleepy. She looked over to the clock and realized it was already midnight. “I felt you thinking a lot and I couldn't sleep. Whats going on?”

“Homework. That's it. It was kinda hard. I'm done now tho. You can go back to bed.” He was still standing there. “What? Go away. I'm going to bed.

“No. Somethings up. I can feel it. I feel your worry and I can feel your headache coming on. Tell me whats happening.” Kara and her brother had a twin connection. They could feel each others emotions. Sometimes this really annoyed Kara. It's like she couldn't have her own emotions. She shared them with her brother.

Once when they were five years old, Anthony broke his arm from falling out of a tree, and Kara felt the pain from his broken bones. There minds were one split in two.

“Nothing. Just homework. Like I said. And I'm getting a headache from how annoying you are. Go back to bed butt munch. See you in the morning. Nighty night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!” She slammed the door in his tired face and went back to her desk. She took the paper back out and reread everything on it.

At about one in the morning, Kara had a massive headache. She pack all her school work up and went to lay down in bed. She wrapped herself up in her orange blanket. She closed her eyes and began to dream about two beautiful baby boys. Twin boys. The first boy had scruffy brown hair and coal black eyes. The other one had straight black hair and eyes whiter than the whitest white. Their skin was the perfect shade of sunset orange. Then the scene changed. Kara was there now. She was standing on a large rock, and grown up versions of the twins were bowing and praying to Kara. The image got closer to the girls face, and it wasn't Kara. It was an older woman that looked like Kara's grandmother, just younger. As the beautiful twins danced around her, this woman did a beautiful dance as if she was dancing to the gods. Almost as if she was asking for a great gift.

Then the scene changed once again. The same woman, only older, was giving birth to a baby. A young man that looked just like Kara's grandfather was sitting next to this woman holding her hand as she gave birth to a little pink baby. The baby looked like it was crying, but all you could hear was a sweet melody being sung. It sung it so softly that you could barely hear, but the words were clear as day to Kara. “Two new beginnings. One is True, one is False. Come from the New. Mistakes be made, but True follow through. Their a pair, One and Two. Similar in every way but one. One will save, Two will destroy.”

Kara woke up in a haze and looked at her alarm clock. 5Am. Well s**t. School in two hours. No sleep whatsoever. Kara laggard out of bed and went to her bathroom. She could tell that her brother was waking up along with her. Anthony usually woke up right after Kara did. Part of their twin telepathy. He could sense her better than she could sense him. She was the first born child, and he was born ten minutes after her. Making it so he sensed her mind better.

She went to the mirror and looked at herself. Her bedhead black hair in her shinny eyes. She flipped her hair straightener on and went to do her morning business. Then she climbed in the shower and left the hot water running to make the bathroom nice and steamy. She dried her hair and put her emerald earrings in. Kara applied her eyeliner and mascara. At about six-thirty, she packed up her books and slipped her high top shoes on. Kara had style. She wore the skater outfits. Skinny jeans with high top shoes and long T-shirts, and beanies. With her hair cut with flipped up side bangs, she was pretty.

At six-fifty, she waited at the front door for Anthony. He was taking forever so she went to his room to see what was keeping him. She walked up the stairs and knocked on his door. No answer. She opened the door slowly and saw him standing there, looking at a piece of paper in his hands. Staring at it blankly as if he didn't understand it. Kara gingerly walked toward him and peeped over his shoulder at the paper. It was the same riddle! He had the same riddle as her!

“Anthony? Where did you get this riddle?” His head snapped up instantly. He slowly turned his head toward her and his eyes were not their normal green, they were a coal black, and his hair looked lighter, like a brown.

“It's not a riddle, Callie. It's a prophecy.” He smiled grimly at her.

“Callie? You just called me Callie? What the hell is wrong with you? You look different, your acting weird. Whats wrong?” She stared into his eyes and noticed how closely they resembled the eyes of one of the twin boys from her dream. Then she realized something that scared her. Kara ran to her brother's mirror and screamed in fear. Looking back at her was not the normal Kara. This Kara was one with pure white eyes, and long black hair. She was the other twin, but she was a girl. Not a boy like in her dream. Then suddenly, her vision was getting blurry. Kara was blind.

Their father rushed in the room and he took one look at them and began yelling at them. He figured they dyed their hair and wore contacts.

“Daddy! I can't see! I'm blind! Help me!” Kara began crying. Then, Anthony came back to himself. He realized what was going on.

“Kara! Stop crying and yelling! What the hell happened? Whoa. What happened to your eyes Sis?” he walked over to her by the mirror and saw himself. His eyes widened in shock. “Holy s**t! My eyes are black!” Then his vision changed. He could see at least six times better than the normal human being. “Dude, I can see every little germ on my hand! What is happening? Kara, can you see as much as me?” He looked at her crying little face that looked exactly like his.

“No, Anthony. I can't see anything! I'm blind as a bat!” Kara began groping the wall to find the door way. She felt all the way to where their father was standing. He stood there with open mouth, unable to speak. Their life would forever be changed. . .


Anthony and Kara were late for school with the whole scene that happened this morning. Anthony had to help her to the school. He lead her to her first hour class, with Amabel. At first, she didn't recognize Kara.

“And who might you be young lady?” She walked over to her and saw her eyes. Her mouth opening with shock.

“It's me, Kara. Some troubles this morning.” Kara searched blindly for her teacher. “I have my notes. You just have to find them for me. I can't see very well.” She plopped her book bag on the floor and felt for the zipper. She took out her folder and handed it to Amabel. She took out Kara's notes and began reading them. Amabel smiled and nodded. “So what do you think?”

“Very good. Very good indeed. Everything you wrote is correct. Accept one thing. You forgot to mention that each of them is a new beginning. But that might not be that important. Might not. . . Okay Kara, I'll lead you to your seat.” Amabel lead Kara to her seat and set her down.

After the class, Amabel called Kara over to her desk, and Kara had to find her way over to her by the sound of her voice.

“Kara. What did you dream about last night? I know this might sound creepy to ask, but I need to know. Based on your condition.” Kara felt Amabel's shoulder brush against her.

“It was about these twin baby boys, and they were beautiful. One had brown hair and black eyes. The other one had black hair and white eyes. Then there was this beautiful woman dancing on a huge rock, and grown up versions of those twins were dancing below her. It looked like she was dancing for God's or something. Then the woman was giving birth to a baby girl that was singing that riddle you gave me. It was the sweetest melody I have ever heard.” She heard Amabel whisper something, but didn't quite hear the words. “Excuse me? What did you say?”

“The twins of Christopher. The one with black eyes is called Stein, and the one with white eyes is Callie. Callie looks like a boy, but she is the most powerful woman of all time. Actually, the twins are the most powerful beings. You, you look like Callie. . . Listen Kara, that riddle was actually a prophesy. It's about twins that will save the world, but one will make a mistake and destroy the world, and the other one will make mistakes, and follow through to help the world. And the dancing woman was the Queen, or mother, of the twins birth-giver. But the twins dancing around her were dying, they were passing their souls on to the next generation of twins that would be born into the family. I'm thinking that, that dancing woman, was your grandmother. She was the Queen of your mother, and your mother gave birth to twins. Boy, and girl.” She smiled at Kara. “Kara, your life is about to change. For better, or for worse.”


A week after Kara had lost her eye sight, she began to be able to see darkened figures. Every living thing seemed to glow in a different color. An aroma, and Kara seemed to know what each color meant. She couldn't see. She was blind. But when she saw a living object, such as a person or animal or plant, it was a shadow of color. She recognized when it was Anthony because his color was a beautiful, rare, but death sickening white, with fire flares of red and orange, meaning danger. Kara didn't take much notice to it. Her brother always said his middle name was “Danger”. Typical boys, right? When Kara looked at herself in a mirror, in her place was a pure, shinny, midnight black. The most beautiful color she has ever seen, and her mind told her it meant life over death, or pureness. She'd always known she meant life. Represented it.

Today, Kara and Anthony had to meet with their teachers. Twelve of the smartest teachers in their school wanted to talk to them, but they didn't know why. By now, Kara and Anthony knew they were special. Ever since Kara began to see colors, Anthony began to be able to see truth in peoples eyes. Kara could see people who they really were, and Anthony could see if people were lying, or telling the truth, just by looking into their eyes. Each twin had a special thing about them, the fact that one meant death, and one meant life, was just coincidence, or was it?


Anthony

This whole change in his life was hard on him. He started feeling changes he didn't want to mention to his sister. Other than his eye sight, he began feeling angry all the time and he had urges to kill, or taste blood, cause death, but he kept it to himself. He didn't want to worry his sister, or cause chaos. Anthony was all about making everything right, and Kara always caused trouble. They were each side of one person. Anthony good, Kara bad. But they were both pure of heart.

Anthony and Kara had to go to a meeting with their teachers about some strange thing that was going on. Anthony had a feeling it would be about their change. As it was a physical and mental change that no other teenage has been through in this lifetime, generation. As Anthony ran out to the car, he called to his sister. Waiting impatiently for her.

“Kara! Hurry up or were going to be late! We need to be there at five! Come on!”

Kara came running down the front steps and jumped in the front seat as Anthony opened the door. He rolled his eyes and opened the back door and climbed in the back seat. Their father, Jeff, started up the car and drove them to the meeting at the school. Just as they were turning into the school parking lot, a black van smashed into the back of their car. Kara began screaming, fearing Anthony got hurt. She looked over and her father had blood trickling down the side of his face and he was knocked out. She looked back at Anthony. His shadowy colored figure was there. Perfect as could be, but there was a purple glow around him. The color reminded Kara of safeness, or protection. What was he doing? She'd never seen this before. “Anthony? What are you doing?” Just as he began to speak, the same van hit them again. . . .


Anthony woke up in a quiet dark room, with his sister laying right by his side. Her face was bruised and her arm was wrapped in a cast, seeming to be broken. Filling with worry, he jumped up and that's when the voice came to his head. A deep sickening voice filled his head. Kill her. Kill her before she destroys us. She's the bad one. Kill her. . . Kill her. . . Kill her. . . He shook his head and the voice distanced away. Anthony went to the door and flipped the switch on and the lights flickered on. Then he saw her. Amabel. She sat in a chair in the corner, waiting. She stared at him with eyes filled with blood. Then, she blinked, and rubbed her eyes and looked at him with normal eyes. She rubbed her head and took out two white pills from her bag beside her and swallowed them without water. She leaned forward in her seat and put her head in her hands. Anthony took a step toward her and she looked back up at him. “Are you alright Amabel? Do you need some water or something?” He asked. She shook her head.

“Anthony, all I need is for your sister to heal quickly. We will not be able to survive without both twins together.” She looked at him.

“What do you mean? Could someone explain to me what is going on? My sister looks dead and I feel like she's not healing. I have no idea what is happening to me and her and I don't like these changes. I'm sick of not knowing what is happening to me! What else is going to happen to us? You seem to know whats going on, why don't you explain it to me?!” He looked into her sorry eyes and regretted the ranting. She shook her head and began

“Anthony, you and her are the most special people in the world. When, if, she wakes up, I will tell you everything you need to know, and it won't make you happy.” she shook her head again, and left Anthony standing there, scared and worried that Kara wouldn't heal, and wake up. . .

Anthony had been laying by his sister for two days. He refused to eat or drink until his sister woke up. Amabel tried to explain to him that she might not wake up. She had been hit in the head quite hard when the van crashed into them. She was in a coma. But for how long? They needed both twins, healthy and alive, together. Or the world could fall in ashes. . . .


He woke up to an annoying poke on his arms and chest. When he opened his eyes, Kara was there, smiling down at him. It was the most amazing thing he had ever seen. His sister was alive! He smiled at her and got out of the bed. He looked at her from head to toe. She was perfectly fine. Her arm was healed and all her bruises and scars were gone. “You feelin' better Kara?” He asked as he looked her up and down. She gave him a weird look and said,

“Yes. I'm fine. What happened in the car? All I remember is talking to dad and then it all went black. Is he okay?” He stared at her blankly. He had forgotten about their father.

“I don't know. . . I didn't ask anyone about him. I was too worried about you. You were passed out for three days. I guess Amabel will be happy your awake. She seemed really sad that you were hurt.”

“Wait, Amabel's here? Were still at the school? What the hell is going on, Anthony?” At that moment, Amabel walked in the room and she smiled so gracefully at Kara. She walked over to her and put her hands on her shoulders. She kissed Kara on her forehead and Kara looked at the woman like she was crazy.

“Ah. You are awake. Alive. At last.” She smiled at Kara again. She then turned to face both Anthony and Kara. “It's time, young twins. You will now learn you're destiny. Follow me into the life you will forever face, as life or death awaits you. . .”


She led them into a large room neither of them have ever seen, but it was right in the middle of their school. Anthony recognized all of the teachers that were in there. He had six of them as his classroom teachers, and the other six were librarians, lunchroom helpers, and teacher aids. Kara looked around the room in worry. She couldn't see the teachers. Only their colors, and it was scarring her. She recognized Amabel's color. It was a lime green color that represented truth, or realness, with swirls of the same black Kara held. It gave Kara a good feeling about her. The rest of the teachers were different. Two of them both had a hot pink glow, and it made Kara feel death and sadness, but kind of in a good way. Then, three of them had a tan brownish color, meaning hate, in Kara's eyes. But her mind was telling her it meant spirit, love, and hate. The rest of them had multiple colors, and all these colors were beginning to confuse her. Then Kara looked over and saw a tall woman, with black eyes staring at her. She had a beautiful ocean blue glow to her, meaning Goddess of the Great. The woman spoke to her, and Kara felt a whole new emotion, mixture of pride, sadness, anger, and betrayal.

“Kara. . .” the woman said to her. She new who it was. Her mother. The sweet voice of her handicapped mother. Kara had not seen her mother since losing her eye sight, as if she was hiding from her children. Kara now knew.

“Mother. . . Why couldn't you tell us? Did you know this would happen to us? I need this explained to me! I'm getting sick of not knowing what to expect to happen!” Kara began to sob and her mother ran over to her and gracefully sat beside her and wrapped an arm around her daughter. “Mom. Your walking? Since when?”

“Baby girl, listen to me. We are a very special group of people. I have been able to walk all my life, but in order to hide my identity of greatness, I must be disabled in front of the public. We need to tell you everything, but I am afraid there is not enough time to tell everything, my lovely little twins. We will tell what is important and only what you need to know to survive. I'm afraid our lives will change forever my hummingbirds.” she stood up again, and brought her daughter up with her. She then brought everyone in the room together in a circle, her and her twins in the middle. They sat Indian-style in the circle and began humming a beautiful tune, reminding Kara of the same tune the baby in her dream was singing.

Amabel began to speak a language that was ancient to the world, but yet not a language at all. Kara's mother, Joy, began telling her children the ancient stories, with help from all the teachers around.

“My children, first things first, you are the twins of Christopher. One is named Callie, the other named Stein. The twins of Christopher were the most powerful beings in the world. Callie was the first born. She was the greatest, most powerful woman in the world. She was claimed to be the daughter of sin. She caused trouble. Lots of it, but she saved people. She was life its self. She brought life to the world. She was blind, but had the ability to see people for what they really were. She could do a lot of different things. Then there was Stein. . .” her voice trailed off. She cleared her throat and began speaking again, “Stein was the sweetest, kindest boy in the world, but everything he held in his hands turned to death. With out trying, he killed whatever he touched. He was the bringer of death. Caused it. The only thing he could not kill was the ground beneath his feet, and his sister. As long as both were living and safe with each other, life was balanced. If only death existed, all life would be lost, and if only life existed, the world would be crowded and people would be getting sick and starved to the point of death, but not being able to die. Secrets of this got out to the world at the time of this, and people were not happy. They thought if they killed both twins together, they wouldn't have to worry about one dying before the other and chaos starting. But they were wrong. So very very wrong. If both do not exist together, then the balance is broken and people will begin to die, but live life in pain. Forever in pain. And when death finally comes to them, they wont be able to rest in peace. Living beings wont be able to give birth to new beings and life will end, slowly, and painfully.

“People hunted the twins. A small group of people who wanted to take over the world actually caught Callie. They starved her, but she was unable to die. A months passing, they gave up killing her, and made a new plan. They would find and capture Stein as well. They wanted to use the twins power of life and death to take over the world. These people were called the Takers of Life. They still exist today. As do our group, the people who were trying to save the world. We are the Protectors of Christopher. We were trying to get Callie back from them, but she ended up giving her life away. As soon as she let her spirit go, Stein knew something happened to her. He could no longer feel her inside his soul."

© 2012 Smiles:)


Author's Note

Smiles:)
Got a little messed up when I moved it from my open office to this, but I hope you like it! Give me any feed back! It is not finished either. Chow!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it! Keep it up!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
1 Review
Added on September 17, 2012
Last Updated on September 22, 2012
Tags: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z

Author

Smiles:)
Smiles:)

peatonica, IL



About
i like pie and I'm 26 years I enjoy making people thinking I'm weird and I like drawing, singing, and writing very short story's. I have diabetes and my name is panda, well not really panda people c.. more..

Writing
Your Poem Your Poem

A Poem by Smiles:)


My Feeling My Feeling

A Poem by Smiles:)


Your Touch Your Touch

A Poem by Smiles:)