No expectations.

No expectations.

A Story by Guys and Other Drugs
"

You don't see me.

"
Sometimes we expect way to much. We want things we can't control. Sometimes we cross our hearts and hope to die telling ourselves we don't want to get our hearts broken. We make new years resolutions promising ourselves that we'll well-behave to make ourselves feel better about all the crap we did during a s****y year. We blow birthday candles wishing for the same crap over and over again until we're too old to blow all the candles at once.
  We actually believe in those demends not because we're stupid, it's because we're raised through fairy tales, charming princes and castles that stopped being built a couple of centuries ago. They won't tell a kid that things are never the way you expected them to be and by the time we're old enough to handle the truth, it's too late and we invested too much time waiting for a magical candle to make our dreams real. 
Then, we know the true and we're on our twenties. We go through college and only some of us had found that so expected better half that will go with us our darkest moments and all-nighter. However, even though we don't buy the Disney crap anymore, we are still in love with some fairy tales starred by Katherine Heigl or some other Hollywood hottie. We just changed Disney and Pixar for Fox and some PG-13 movies. And yes, we still let our lives be led by expectations. We expect our friends to be some wild I'm-always-here-for-you kinda people. We expect that first kiss with the object of our affection in the porch under the rain. We expect our family to be all huggy and loving. We expect our life to be a sort of broadway musical. We expect to achiee every single of our expectations.
 Well, let me break this up to you. Life is so not like anyone expected. It never it. You wanted caring parents? Well, it turns out that one of your parents cares more about the footbal score than why your eyes look so puffy. You wanted amazing friends? Well, it turns out that one of them got a damn hot boyfriend and kicked you in the a*s cause there's no space for three in her relationship. You wanted an amazing first kiss with that guy? Well, you were damn lucky 'cause he was drunk and they all look the same in that hole in the wall where you love to hang out with your friends.
 So, here's my advice; cut the crap with the expectations!!! Balecause of those expectations you didn't realize that you have the hell of an awesome cousin or grandma, or that your other friend would rip her eyes off before seeing you getting hurt, because you didn't realize that because of that kiss with that drunk his even hotter friend noticed you in a way no one saw coming. Because of the expectations you kept your life in hold too long and you lost that luck shot that ... well, who knows?! Isn't that the idea of living? To be surprised every single day? Just roll the dices and walk straight into the next adventure.
 Besides, expectations make us obsessive. Expectations lead to dissapointment.

© 2012 Guys and Other Drugs


Author's Note

Guys and Other Drugs

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 16, 2012
Tags: #love, #expectations, #life

Author

Guys and Other Drugs
Guys and Other Drugs

EAU CLAIRE, WI



About
We're two friends in our early twenties writing things you'll love. more..

Writing