Adam, Eve and Steve

Adam, Eve and Steve

A Story by Guys and Other Drugs
"

People should really start looking beyond their noses.

"
Not long ago, a girl told a gay friend that, even though she was ok with him being gay, she didn't think it was all natural because God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Well, my first instinct was to yell Bullshit... but it got me thinking... How many people out there are so blinded by the teachings of a 4000 year book that they won't actually think of gay people as, well, people? The Bible apparently went from a book of hopes to the reason for so much hate in the world. 

People seem to forget that there's an actual world out there. The bible is nothing but a book which is good at accumulating dust and making joints. I'm not saying that the whole concept of God is wrong, it works for some people and actually makes them a better person. However, there's a whole troop of finger pointers that use it as an excuse for hate and rejection. Let's just take a moment of silence to think of all the harm that it has caused during human history. Let's think of all the wars influenced by this book, the women killed in the witch hunts, the women treated like crap because of the whole apple and the talking snake myth, the kids molested by twisted priests in the name of god and so on...

 Well, I'm so sorry if I don't agree with you, dear Bible. As much as I do my best to respect every single person in the world, it's a damn hard job when it's filled with people that think of gay people as such an abomination. Ok, according to the myth there was just Adam and Eve at he very begging, but does that mean tha we shouldn't let Latino, Black, Asians and Native American people get married either? Are they also ruining the original idea of marriage? Because last time my Mom took me to church Adam wasn't Latino nor was Eve Asian.

 The same way I didn't choose to be Latino, I didn't choose to be gay. Quoting the Pop singer; I was born this way. And if I wanna get married one day, not the Bible nor it's believers will stop me. Adam and Eve my a*s, the poor woman thought a snake was talking for God's sake!

© 2012 Guys and Other Drugs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 16, 2012
Tags: #gay, #bible, #gaymarriage

Author

Guys and Other Drugs
Guys and Other Drugs

EAU CLAIRE, WI



About
We're two friends in our early twenties writing things you'll love. more..

Writing