A Birthday Gift

A Birthday Gift

A Story by ForTheWorld
"

....our mom will be the most precious gift we will ever received forever...

"
It’s my birthday; my mom promised me that she will give me a gift- a very special gift. A gift that will surely marks at my heart forever; then, I said yes!
And so my mom went alone to buy that very special gift. She left me alone talking with my shadow, thinking of that special gift- waiting her to come back. I felt sleepy but, I’m still trying to stay awake for the arrival of my mom- to see that special gift, my birthday gift. I felt very sleepy at that moment that it really took my consciousness then suddenly, it all went dark- I’ve fallen asleep.
An hour passed when suddenly I heard a small knocked at the door, I hurriedly stretched my arms then rushed to the door to open it- hoping that it is my mom with my gift. I was very disappointed to find out that it was only our neighbor sharing some kind of gossip about my…mom! Our neighbor didn’t come here to greet me happy birthday but to gossip something about what happened to my precious mom.
I was stunned and speechless for a moment then quickly ran out of the house then rent a taxi to bring me to the hospital where my mom was confined. I reached the hospital now- panicking about what really happened to my mom; asking any people if they knew where my mom was. As I followed them, I was hoping it was only a fairy tale, magical but never will it come true if it was true, then I really hope that my mother was in good condition as the word great.
I finally reached the room where my mom was lying. I couldn’t find out if she’s still alive or on the way to Christ. I was suddenly stunned at that moment- speechless again for the second time; then, the gossip was true- my mother met an accident and she was racing to escape death. I noticed the simple teddy bear lying beside her head, it was my gift, and it will be the most remarkable gift I’ve ever received.
“She’s gone,” the nurse told me. My tears unconsciously fell at my eyes- stunned; my mom’s gone. I must be out of my mind just for a second; my mom promised me that she will never leave me. I going crazy laughing then I started to cry after a moment- it cut me deep, leaving a heart oozing with so much blood but I really don’t want to stop it- not now, that my priceless gift was gone.
I then realize that what she will give me was a remarkable present. But, now I started to realize again that except her, nothing will make me happy like she did, no one will laugh at my corny jokes anymore- no one. She was the most precious gift I’ve ever received from above- a priceless treasure I will never regain her anymore- she’s gone with the wind leaving me with a scar marked at my heart but, she will be in my heart I promised all of my life.

© 2010 ForTheWorld


Author's Note

ForTheWorld
I just wanna thank Royce for giving me a great idea as great as this story came out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So sad...very good story. Cherish those we love.

Posted 13 Years Ago


*cries* thats so sad! TT_TT
It is very sweet though... T_T

Is it true?

Posted 13 Years Ago


These words pass through my essence, carrying fragments of me with it... this is beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OK, wiping the tears away! lol A beautiful and moving story love!
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2010
Last Updated on August 2, 2010

Author

ForTheWorld
ForTheWorld

pangasinan, 1, Philippines



About
write, yeah, it is not the only thing my life is composed of, but when reality stroke really bad, it is the last I want to live without, well of course, families and air plus food and water are great .. more..

Writing
human human

A Story by ForTheWorld