Phantasy Star Portable 2 (AKA Run For Your Life)

Phantasy Star Portable 2 (AKA Run For Your Life)

A Chapter by Haeshin

 

Phantasy Star Portable 2...in one phrase, I'd say it's a run for your life. Who cares about the plot of the game? RUN!

 

Through the game, that is. Not away from it.

 

So far this is not a game for the weak and casual. Phantasy Star Portable 2 has everything a gamer can expect from a MMORPG combined with the mechanics of any game: The enemies are tough, even if your level is the same as theirs, there is NO pause button whatsoever, no available save points, and for every category they have--equip, customize, weapons upgrade, character type--there is a dozen sub-categories, and you have to shift through every one of them even in the heat of battle. There is no rest until the mission is over! An inexperienced gamer will end up tripping over their own feet, so to speak, and desperately trying to get their bearings in the middle of a boss fight.

 

So whatever there remains to be seen of the potential-ridden plotline, it's all been pushed to the sidelines and sprinkled like bread crumbs, which aren't quite enough to keep one going. (I, myself, wonder WHY I'm keep going.) PSP2 otherwise takes the same route practically ever other science fiction game, movie, and/or book has ever taken: An ancient existence wants to destroy the universe. That's about all one will care to know while they're frantically trying to figure out why this doesn't work while that keeps coming up on screen. Thankfully there's nothing much original or unique to PSP2's plot so it's hard to miss any part of the story.

 

So who cares about the plot? There isn't enough to describe or tempt one with, and there aren't any breaks or time to digest it. Just RUN!



© 2011 Haeshin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

420 Views
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on March 7, 2011
Tags: game plot, review, phantasy star portable 2


Author

Haeshin
Haeshin

CA



About
*Please provide feedback! Pick a story, any story, and try it out. *Things to Check Out* -Blog-Coms: Not every single day of my life is full of action and adventure (unless I'm watching a superh.. more..

Writing
Ade's Prayer Ade's Prayer

A Chapter by Haeshin