I need a title.

I need a title.

A Story by haleyy(:
"

I wrote this story for class. Opinions?

"
“This weekend has been absolutely amazing,” Cailyn said. Her and her boyfriend, Landon, were driving on the back roads back to Cailyn’s house. They have been at the beach all day and the sun is just now setting. Their song, “Fall for You” by Secondhand Serenade, came on the radio.
“I know, I don’t want this night to end,” responded Landon. He doesn’t have the heart to tell Cailyn that he doesn’t feel the same way about her anymore. They have been dating for 3 days shy of 5 months. He’s been thinking of the “perfect” way to breakup with her. Not only will it hurt her feelings, but she has had a past of being an insane ex girlfriend.
The last guy that broke up with her kept going to the same school for about a week. Then, he vanished one day. Some say he just had to move in a hurry, but everyone, except Landon, knows the truth. They just don’t want to admit it. Landon won’t allow himself to believe what other people are saying. He thinks that they’re just jealous because he’s dating Cailyn.
“Landon?” Cailyn tries to talk to Landon, but he’s deep in thought with thinking of how to break up with her. “Earth to Landon,” Cailyn kept trying to talk to him.
“What do you want?!” Landon snapped back.
“I was... I was just going to say I’m moving in a few weeks so we won’t be able to date anymore. Were you wanting the ring you gave me back as a memory?”
“Keep it. I don’t want any memories of this,” Landon responded emotionless. “Before you ask what I mean, like you do every time I say something, Let me explain. It’s kinda like this; the past 2 months I haven’t felt the same about you as I did before. I’ve wanted to break up with you for a few weeks now. But, I thought that somehow I could get my feelin...”
“What do you mean you have been wanting to break up with me?!” Cailyn interrupts him before he could finish what he was saying. She tends to do that when she hears something she doesn’t want to.
It was a silent for about 5 minutes. “here’s your house,” Landon said softly, “I think maybe you should leave.” Landon looks over at Cailyn and sees her trying to hold back tears. He leans in to give her one final hug, but she pushes him back.
“you think you’ll get a hug from me after hurting me?!” Cailyn yells as she pushes the door of the 1997 Dodge open. “think again... by the way, you’ll regret wanting to break up with me.”
It’s been two weeks since the breakup. Landon was walking through the halls of his school of 476 people. Since the school is so small, everyone knows about the break up. Landon has been asked multiple times about what happened, but he would never give an answer. Cailyn hasn’t been at school so some people are starting to let their imagination run wild about what happened.
Landon sees Cailyn’s best friend, Casandra, In the halls. “Hey Casandra!” He yells to get her attention. When they are by each other, he asks “have you seen Cailyn?”
“No,” Casandra replies, “ you were the last one who seen her before she moved.”
“But... She hasn’t been here for the past two weeks. She was suppose to move next weekend.” Somehow, this worries Landon. He didn’t know what happened to her. For all he knew, she could have been shipped off to some boarding school or choked on broccoli and her funeral is right now. Whatever the case was, he was going to get to the bottom of the mystery
954-185-4957. *Ring.* *Ring.* “hello?” there’s a soft voice. It’s so soft Landon can barely hear it.
“oh, hello,” Landon responds a minute later, “I didn’t hear you. Anyways, is this the Callingson family?”
“yes,” the mystery girl responds, “may I ask who’s calling?”
“It’s Landon Icington. I was hoping to speak to Cailyn.”
It takes a minute for the mystery girl with the soft voice to respond. When she does, it’s hard to hear her. “Cailyn? I’m afraid I’ve never heard of a girl named Cailyn. I’m sorry.”
“It’s fine,” Landon responds. *click.* After Landon hangs up, he goes upstairs to his room to get on the computer.
when he gets on the computer, he goes to facebook and does a search. Cailyn Callingson - 0 matches found. This surprises him. Cailyn has had a facebook for over 2 years. There’s no way she would have deleted it... unless...
At that moment in time, a thought occurred to him. What if she’s running from something? Maybe her past? Or her present? He called the mystery girl one more time.
*Ring.* *Ring.* *Ring.* The mystery girl answered on the third ring. “hello?”
“Hello, this is Landon again. I was calling because I forgot to ask something. What is your name?”
“I’m Cynthia,” the mystery girl responds.
“Cynthia? When did you move here?” Landon asked.
“3 years ag...” Cynthia starts but soon gets cut off.
“That’s impossible!” Landon exclaims. “My friend that just went missing lived here her entire life and there has never been a “Cynthia” living at this house.” Landon hangs up the phone before Cynthia tries to defend herself.
The mystery girl, Cynthia, looks surprised that Landon hung up. She was tempted to tell the truth and admit she was really Cailyn, but she thought it was too soon. If she told him now, he’d know she was safe. He’d know she wasn’t sick from the sound of her voice. He’d soon put the pieces together
Cailyn, AKA Cynthia, has been plotting revenge for the past two weeks. She decided next week she will go back to school and befriend Landon. After she earns his trust, she will take him to a movie. Cailyn has been planning this for the entire relationship in case something did happen to them and they broke up. Now that they’re broken up, she can put her plan into action.
Landon is freaking out more than ever. He knew that the family didn’t move. He’s been there three times looking for Cailyn since the break up. He used the excuse of making sure she’s okay as a reason to go over there. He didn’t want to confess he misses her. Not yet, anyway.
He tries to think of where she could be. He knows she was suppose to move, but all the family stuff is still there. He starts thinking of all the worst possible outcomes. Maybe she died in a car accident? Maybe she ran away? Maybe she misses him and refuses to let feelings come back for him? Landon carries on thinking about crazy ideas of what is going on. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he gets a phone call.
“Hello?” Landon said when he answers the phone.
“Yea, um, hi. Landon? I just wanted to say I miss you. I know that we shouldn’t have to quit talking just because we broke up. I’m coming back to school Monday. Want to meet me at my locker?” Cailyn talked like she hasn’t hurt him... like she won’t hurt him.
“Oh, sure. But, where are you living now? I been to your house multiple times. I called multiple times. You were nowhere in sight,” Landon realized soon after that he probably shouldn’t have asked that question.
“I been sick,” Cailyn said. She’s hoping he won’t be able to tell she’s lying. He’s never been good at that. “I just got released from the hospital today. Actually, just 38 minutes ago. I figured I’d call to let you know I’m okay.”
Cailyn and Landon keep talking on the phone for 46 minutes. Cailyn decided she wasn’t going to wait until after she goes back to school to put her plan into action. “So Landon, are you busy tomorrow? I was thinking maybe we could go to a movie.”
“I can’t,” Landon lies, “it is a school night.” He’s hoping she won’t realize tomorrow is Saturday.
“It’s Saturday tomorrow. Just say you’ll come. I’ll even drive so you don’t have to waste your gas.”
Landon thinks it over for a minute. He finds a little odd that she is willing to pick him up and drop him off. He agrees anyways.
It’s saturday afternoon and Landon is getting ready to go to the movies with Cailyn. He’s thought about how he’s going to make this night memorable. He’s going to make sure it’s the perfect first date of their second chance. At Least, he’s hoping that it’s a date.
Cailyn is making sure her makeup is perfect. She’s always had her makeup perfect. If she downplayed it too much, Landon would know something is up. She goes out to her car to make sure she has everything she needs for tonight; a picnic basket, a blanket, a couple chairs, a knife, a gun, a trash bag, some tape, and some gloves. She double checks about 4 times. After everything is in place she gets in her car and goes to pick up Landon.
Landon is waiting outside when Cailyn gets there. She’s amazed at how cute he looks. His dark hair is parted perfectly, his blue eyes are sparkling in the sunset, and his outfit is perfect. She starts to double think her plan. She tries to remember why they broke up, but all she can come up with is because of a fight. She decides she won’t go through with her plan and just make sure he realizes what he’s missing out on.

“You look amazing,” Landon says. He notices how her hair is in a fishtail braid with braids going over it. Her light green eyes stand out under her eyeliner and mascara. “So, I’ve been thinking. Maybe this could be our second first date?”
“Oh? I was just thinking of friends. But, we could try to get back together.” Cailyn realizes she misses him more than she thought.
They went to the park and had a picnic, played some volleyball with some other people, and had a very intense debate about penguins. At the movies, they watched “Another Cinderella Story.” Cailyn is now returning him back home. After so much planning, she realized that he’s the guy she wants to spend forever with. If this works out the way she hopes, they will be together forever. If not, then her plan will be effective. If she can’t have him, nobody can.

© 2012 haleyy(:


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would like to start out by saying that I think you story is very entertaining. The plot is original and I think your audience will enjoy reading it. There are a few minor suggestions I would like to make; most regarding grammar. But then again I've always felt if people don't like your story the hell with your grammar. Ask someone close to you to read a typed version and they can give you the gist of what I am saying.

Posted 11 Years Ago


haleyy(:

11 Years Ago

Thanks. I'm not the best with grammar. You're probably thinking verb tense?
ShaunMosley

11 Years Ago

I was and a few misplaced modifiers. I often do the same thing myself when writing, as I let the wo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012

Author

haleyy(:
haleyy(:

Crawfordsville



Writing
One touch One touch

A Poem by haleyy(:


Love Love

A Poem by haleyy(:


Excuse me; Excuse me;

A Poem by haleyy(: