Consequences, Just Ask Yourself

Consequences, Just Ask Yourself

A Poem by kelvin

Does a mother ask herself what’s the consequences, when she takes a pillow and places it over her baby’s face taking the child’s last breath while the child sleeps. Then in the face of the public’s eye she falsely weeps.
Then ask yourself
Just ask yourself
Does a kid with high promise in life ask themselves what’s the consequences of walking into a store with a friend and holding it up at gunpoint, only taking some cigarettes and a  few figures and in the end the friend squeezes the trigger.
Then ask yourself
Just ask yourself
Does a serial murderer rapist ask themselves what’s the consequences of graduating to their first kill, while putting their filthy hands on the innocent taking what of theirs that is intimate. While then trying to break their victims mentally and physically thinking its all legitimate.
Then ask yourself 
Just ask yourself
Does one ask themselves what’s the consequences of fighting back while being held with others hostage while the tension is heavy. When the fact is he or she could be put in the media as a hero saving everyone or in the media as a fool getting everyone killed and now they’re all in the obituaries.
Then ask yourself 
just ask yourself
Do any of us ask ourselves what’s the consequences of any action before reacting. Some of us have the mind frame to think before reacting, when others just act before thinking. Then the rest could care less about the consequences of their actions if they can get away with the cause of their actions. Now imagine this world if it was all actions without any consequences.
 
Then ask yourself 
Just ask yourself

© 2013 kelvin


Author's Note

kelvin
let me know what you all think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are a spoken word artist? That is what this reads like. Made me think of Saul Williams.

Perhaps a big part of the issue is how we as a society are told we must be. Fast thinkers are a must these days. Do not stop and contemplate, just do. Life: the Video Game. Respond quickly or all your little Mario's are dead.

I enjoyed the thought process you took me through with this.
Very nice work!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kelvin

11 Years Ago

I agree with you on you thoughts here and I think you so much for your nice review as well and yes p.. read more



Reviews

After the first verse I wasn't sure if I wanted to go on to read this in it's entirety, much affected by the horrors that happen to children. It's a profound read on effect & results in the aftermath. Makes you wonder what preceded these types of horrendous deeds, much food for thought here. Good one kelvin.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think that you have such an expansive mind Kelvin, this is compelling writing and your style toally engages the reader from beggining to end, a great slam! Best, Sheema

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kelvin

11 Years Ago

Thank you I glad that you like it for we as writers or poets whatever one liked to be called have a .. read more
Ever action has an equal and opposite reaction. But unfortunately, we often forget this tenet of nature. Raw emotions override and overrule and all caution is thrown to winds. Sadly, it all comes back with more pain...

A thinking poignant ver well worded write! Thanks Kelvin, for the thought!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kelvin

11 Years Ago

thank you for you insight here I appreciate you taking the time to read my friend.
You are a spoken word artist? That is what this reads like. Made me think of Saul Williams.

Perhaps a big part of the issue is how we as a society are told we must be. Fast thinkers are a must these days. Do not stop and contemplate, just do. Life: the Video Game. Respond quickly or all your little Mario's are dead.

I enjoyed the thought process you took me through with this.
Very nice work!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kelvin

11 Years Ago

I agree with you on you thoughts here and I think you so much for your nice review as well and yes p.. read more
Most of us act on instinct. That is our programming. Animals act on instinct, and the primitive part of human beings does so also.
But if all of us acted with thing of consequences, the world would be chaos. And if no one acted without tinking of consequences, the world would grind to a halt.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kelvin

11 Years Ago

I see and thank you very much for your very insightful words here, for that's something to talk abou.. read more
This is a deep social poem with a lot of great questions that you have brought up. Like you said all actions have consequences and the question you raised which is a tough one :
"Do any of us ask ourselves what’s the consequences of any action before reacting. Some of us have the mind frame to think before reacting, when others just act before thinking."
That question has to be answered by a neuroscientists or brain doctors and even pshychologists for that is a scientific one and worth answering. It also will determine the legal perimeters of our actions.
Some crimes are pre-meditative, some are from insanity and some can be from evil emotions taking over our minds .
Thank you so much for writing this poem and raising the questions. I hope other readers have some perspectives...:)


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kelvin

11 Years Ago

you're right i very much agree with you here the brain is a powerful key with locked and unlocked do.. read more
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

All true dear poet. I appreciate you are spreading the awareness on social issues. Good job...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

489 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: consequences, actions, reactions, ask yourself

Author

kelvin
kelvin

AL



About
I like to write and enjoy reading other s and what they have to say or express. i like to write from my life and experiences and that of another putting myself in someone else shoes writing from thei.. more..

Writing
FRaGiLe FRaGiLe

A Poem by kelvin