The Magic of Storytelling

The Magic of Storytelling

A Story by hardscoper6
"

Ever wonder how a story works? I have.

"

The Magic of Storytelling


Storytelling. It all starts with a simple idea. Once the storyteller gets there hands on that idea, they plant it, plant it deep within the listener’s brains. The idea will then grow, its roots stretching to the far corners of the brain and its beautiful branches reaching out as far as the listeners brain will allow it. For it is all up to the listener how far the story will take them. If the listener so chooses it, the story can end immediately and they may continue with their miserable drone-like lives, but if the story is planted properly, the idea can take the listener anywhere… anywhere. The most important part of a story is the comfort zone. The comfort zone is something many of us have, but don’t acknowledge its existence. You see, the most important part of storytelling is breaking through a person’s comfort zone and pulling them out, into a world unknown to their mind, body and soul. Imprisoning them in another world, for a short period of time. The only person stopping them from escape is themselves. And so it is said, the magic of storytelling is the very strongest, for you will never know where it will take you.

© 2012 hardscoper6


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is so true. once I start reading a really good book, I escape into a totally different world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

yea, it is. to get to be someone opposite of yourself, if only for a little while. it kind of makes .. read more
hardscoper6

11 Years Ago

gives you a different perspective on just about anything, which is why it's great, makes you think, .. read more
Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

yea

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
1 Review
Added on October 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 1, 2012
Tags: magic, storytelling, story