Immortal

Immortal

A Poem by SCRIBBLER
"

Is death the answer to our questions?

"

His home, his house, his land, Won't stay with him.

His wife, his son, his daughter, Won’t go with him.

What can he take?

Neither money nor gold, neither greed nor knowledge

Emotions burnt, Feelings murdered.

But the things you take is the good you do.

Keeping you alive in hearts that love you.

A bond which is unbreakable, a bond thats immortal.



Help a friend to earn his trust. Help a stranger in conclusion to your good heart.

Do it without payment or discount, leave GST out.

Thank You the payment, A smile the tax.

Helping one rewards another. Shares the burden one tries to murder.

The world a big place. Too small for a kind and caring race.

Death, not the answer. Death, the question.

Immortality, the answer, not the question.


His home, his house, his land, a waste.

His family, support.

Money: Paper. Gold: A brick.

Greed, punishment, Knowledge, a debt.  

Death, known as the only truth.

Immortality, our imagination?

But we may survive in hearts, hearts who remember the good we did.


© 2015 SCRIBBLER


Author's Note

SCRIBBLER
Please be honest whilst writing a review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's what you leave behind that counts... all the material wealth only weighs us down... and nice take on well-worn wisdom... and, perhaps you are right: immortality is simply the memories we leave in the hearts of those left behind who can pass them on to the next generation who pass them on to the next and so on...

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Such a deep and thoughtful comment. Thanks
I agree.
"But we may survive in hearts, hearts who remember the good we did. "
Can't take wealth with you. The deeds and actions of a life lead to a death surrounded by love or a bad life. Alone and dying alone. Wisdom in your words. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Thank You for visiting
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
so true scribbler...this reminds me of a saying my mum is alwayssaying "a house is made of brick and mortar but a home is made by the people who live in it" Material things are not what matter, but the relationships we have with those around us be it family or friends...now those matter!!
Love this piece ..!

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Thanks for visiting. I am happy that you were able to make a connections.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
Hi scribbler,
you have put the golden rule into a nice poem. reminding people of what are the things that matter the most and what should we invest our time and effort.

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to write a review.
Nice work my friend... I always say mine as well spend it can't take it with you :) Death sets of free of the evil trying to be the downfall of us. We lose our selfishness, our anger and our dislike for certain things and people in life. At least I think so.

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Thank You for visiting. Appreciate you writing a review.
Scribbler, you write a vexing poem! Causes the reader to take it one line at a time and give a thought. In the end, I believe it is the software of life that is remembered about you when you pass. Who you were, the kind of man, the kind of husband and father and friend , who you were in your community. Not the Hard drive, the material things that you leave behind, these things have no soul, they care not who owns them. Even a farm animal remembers their owner when he is gone. their call, their touch. Scribbler, the soft ware is what immortalizes you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Perkele for this thoughtful review.
This is a good writing. Its real and truthful. I enjoyed this, its also inspiring!

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Thank you Jen. Really appreciate, you writing a review.
it all boils down to do unto others as you would have them do,and when it is all finished thats all you really have

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Exactly, Wordman. You are one of those writers who make meaning of the text they read.
 wordman

8 Years Ago

i try to put my self in the write
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
alf
Hi Scribbler. you will come to know perhaps, that I review as I see it, honestly!! This poem has a great depth of emotion and cries out against the injustices of the world with a strong voice!! It also speaks a truth, it is the good deeds we that will be remembered. I liked the flow you created here, and I loved the payment and tax!!! great writing, I will be back, alf

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Thanks alf
"Neither money, neither gold. Neither greed, neither knowledge. ( Neither money nor gold, neither greed nor knowledge)
Emotions burnt, Feelings murdered.
But the things you take is the good you do.
Keeping you alive in hearts that love you. "

Some wonderful words of wisdom here Scribbler. You raise good questions and provide the truthful answers...Bravo.......

Posted 8 Years Ago


SCRIBBLER

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the suggestion
Sami Khalil

8 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2015
Last Updated on April 16, 2015
Tags: Death, Debt

Author

SCRIBBLER
SCRIBBLER

Auckland, New Zealand



About
People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude!- John C. Maxwell. more..

Writing
DAD DAD

A Poem by SCRIBBLER



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..