Amore Stupido - Chapter 1

Amore Stupido - Chapter 1

A Chapter by HaruHau-Chan
"

Upon arriving in London, England, Patico Fiarello gets a lot more than he bargained for.

"
1

The short man nearly disappeared into the snow the moment he stepped off of the plane's rolling staircase. The men following him couldn't see how could vanish in the white fluff when he was wearing all black, but that didn't seem to stop him. He gave a growl as he fought his way out of it, kicking the pile in anger. First there was the damn plane ride and now the snow. After leaving New York at 11 pm, the mafia group was stuck in a sardine can of an airplane all the way to Manchester: 7 hours. After that, there was the 2 hour lay-over before they were allowed to get on the 2 hour, mud-skipper plane to London. When they finally arrived, it was 3 pm; Not early enough to take a power-nap and not late enough to just call it a day and go to bed. Being Jet-lagged, hungry, and now cold, Patico Fiarello was not a happy man.

The adventure in the baggage claim was just as unpleasant. Normally Patico was not what one would consider as weak, however being as tired as he was - as well as as small as he was - the 23 year old had quite a bit of trouble pulling the heavy suitcase from the moving platform. As the carousel went around, so did he. The loud shouts and curses were humorous to many around them, and eventually security came to help the stubborn man with his baggage. That being done, the black-haired mafioso tried to walk out of the airport with what little pride he had left. It wasn't easy, considering the fact that his much larger goons were too busy laughing their asses off to open the door for their boss.

The taxi awaiting them outside somehow smelled like hot tea and curry. The mix was not exactly pleasant to the foreigner's nose. The group of four somehow managed to pile into the back, whether it was legal or not. Had it not been so cold outside, the gangsters most likely would have opened a window.

"F****n' snow," Patico growled unhappily.

"But boss, it was snowin' in New York too," One of the men offered. 

"Snow is snow, an' I hate snow," their boss replied, his dark amethyst eyes glaring at the man beside him. The shortest of them sat there brooding as the Taxi drove away from the airport. He didn't want to hear a word from anyone in that taxi, especially the driver. In the back of Patico's mind he just knew that the tan man in front of them was amused at his group of passengers, particularly in how they looked. Here were four men that were all in suits and one with a fedora; that one with the fedora being almost half of the size of the others. Needless to say, he was a bit touchy about his height.

Exhaustion gnawed at him like never before, and only one thought entered his mind: Coffee. They needed coffee. The more he looked out at the snow, the more Patico thought his idea was the right choice. Coffee and some sweets were needed to perk them all up.

"Oi, Mistah," he called to the driver. "Pull ovah at da next coffee joint. I need ta make a drink-run."

"And the meter?" The Driver asked, looking at the other man through the rear-view mirror.

"Keep it runnin'," Patico replied with a shrug. He didn't care. Coffee was the only thing on his mind. 

It wasn't long at all before the taxi pulled up to a little sweet shop. The look of interest fell from Patico's face when he noticed how cute it looked. The White Rabbit Cafe's sign was lit up in bright white and red letters that reflected into the snow down below. Through the windows he could see the large Alice in Wonderland themed mural on the wall. Multiple kinds of tables and chairs littered the green tile flooring. All of it was themed after some sort of mad tea party.

"Alright, let's go," Patico commanded. Somehow he managed to wriggle his way out of the taxi. The rest of the men, on the other hand, didn't move.

"Go on without us, boss," Stated one of them. 

"Yeah, we don' really wanna move," Agreed the other. As for the third, he had somehow managed to fall asleep against the opposite door.

"Lazy asses," Patico growled. Muttering angrily, he made his way inside. "Jus' means you guys don' get no coffee. Sucks ta be you."


© 2012 HaruHau-Chan


Author's Note

HaruHau-Chan
Please point out any grammar or spelling issues you happen to see. I'd love to fix them!

I know it's short, but that's just how my chapters come out. Apologies for that. ^^;

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on January 18, 2012
Last Updated on January 22, 2012
Tags: Patico, Fiarello, Ryu, Kokoro, Stupid, love, Liberarsi


Author

HaruHau-Chan
HaruHau-Chan

Lynnwod, WA



About
Custom Glitter Text Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by. Currently my main story that I am working on is called Liberarsi. I apologize that I'm not exactly uploading it in order. I don't really .. more..

Writing
Spirits Spirits

A Story by HaruHau-Chan


Tea Tea

A Poem by HaruHau-Chan