Wonderland

Wonderland

A Story by HaruHau-Chan
"

My own Wonderland.

"
The soft purple grass blew lightly in the sweet smelling wind. Mountains circled the vast checker-board valley, whose pattern seeped even into the flowing river. The water sparkled with the light of both the moon and sun, high up in the split sky. On one side was bright light and clouds, while on the other were stars that shimmered like diamonds.
Yes, this land was pure magic. In it were four kingdoms: Heart, Diamond, Spade and Club.
The Heart kingdom lay just beyond the edge of the checker-board in a hot and humid desert. The sun never ceased to shine, for the kingdom sat on the side of the land that the sun liked to sit. It smiled down upon the villagers, giving them its loving warmth. The queen of this land reigned down upon her people with a harshness that was never known before. Yet somehow, she still managed to care for each and every one of them. Her palace was grand and golden; always shining in the light of the sun. The queen thought herself a goddess.
The Club kingdom was the Heart's neighbor in the sun. The town was always changing, ever growing. The queen loved new technology and was constantly building, re-building and making constant additions to her people's buildings. The sky-scrapers and buildings were dull in comparison to their neighbor kingdom, yet still seemed to shine silver in that wonderful sun.
The Diamond kingdom was ruled in the night by a sweet younger queen. The entire town was made up of travelers and performers. It was just on peaceful and always filled with joy. Sometimes they would travel to the other towns and perform for them, having more than once earned the joy of the other queens. It's quaint little buildings had an English-feel to them, and though they did not always have the best technology, they managed to do their tricks amazingly well. Many theaters were scattered around, giving those who simply wanted to be on stage a place to play and practice.
The last kingdom, the Spade, was hidden deep in the dark, forbidden woods. It's queen was silent and always wore an emotionless mask. She only spoke when necessary and took care of her people. If someone brought harm to her territory, she would show no mercy upon them. The houses were all hidden away in the night, all of it unseen save for the table that sat, ever tea-time, in the middle of the forest. There the queen would sit with her court, sipping their tea and chatting as if it were always the day, 3 O'clock.
Each kingdom had equal land, the checker-board valley a perfect square in the middle and the river a perfect divider of night and day. It's mountains circled around it to keep them closed off from any invaders. None of the people in any town knew if there were actually land beyond those giant mounds of earth, as those who explored beyond them never returned. 
For all they knew, those mountains were the edge of the world.

© 2012 HaruHau-Chan


Author's Note

HaruHau-Chan
This was actually a land I was going to use for an old story. I would like very much to re-vamp it and use it again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 22, 2012
Last Updated on January 22, 2012

Author

HaruHau-Chan
HaruHau-Chan

Lynnwod, WA



About
Custom Glitter Text Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by. Currently my main story that I am working on is called Liberarsi. I apologize that I'm not exactly uploading it in order. I don't really .. more..

Writing
Spirits Spirits

A Story by HaruHau-Chan


Tea Tea

A Poem by HaruHau-Chan