Rally demands strong attitude on Iran

Rally demands strong attitude on Iran

A Story by heshmat
"

Paris is the site of the world’s largest gathering to date for all who seek freedom and democracy in Iran. The French capital is witnessing a massive “Free Iran” gathering on Saturday, July 9th.

"

Democratic change for Iran was the call and demand made by over 100,000 Iranian expatriates rallying on July 9th in Paris at a grand gathering in the Le Bourget conference center. The crowd at the annual gathering staged by the Iranian opposition National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) called on the international community to condemn Iran’s human rights violations, meddling across the region and support for Syrian dictator Bashar Assad. Support for the Iranian opposition and a new approach vis-à-vis Iran is needed to bring about change and a major shift in Iran for the better good of the Middle East and beyond, the speakers at the rally emphasized.

 

Maryam Rajavi, the NCRI President-elect, delivered a powerful speech as the keynote speaker of the event, raising the crowd to their feet repeatedly. She called on the international community to engage in a serious alteration in their Iran policy, and to lead the charge on a more robust campaign to end Iran’s menacing methods causing havoc in the region and across the globe.

 

“Strangely enough, the notion of practical coordination with the terrorist Quds Force is being justified on the pretext of confronting Daesh. I warn that any silence vis-à-vis such an approach or any collaboration with the mullahs enables them to commit genocide and to infringe upon the national sovereignty of countries in the region,” Rajavi said hinting at the devastating US policy in Middle East.

“International stakeholders assumed that the nuclear deal would bring tranquility to the region. But it rained down barrel bombs and 70,000 Revolutionary Guards on the people of Syria. It resulted in ethnic cleansing of Sunnis by the terrorist Quds Force in Iraq. And it led to the spread of extremism under the banner of Islam in the whole region,” she concluded.

 

This annual event has rendered to a milestone for the Iranian Diaspora, maintaining the hope for a free Iran as the motto of the event was. The support of this movement seems to expand by every year as new figures join the slate in the face of Tehran running a fatal ring of terror across the region.

Jose Manuel Baroso, former European Commission president and Portuguese prime minister, and Prince Turki al-Faisal former Saudi intelligence chief and ambassador to the United States were among the new heavy weight sponsors.

 

“As a person who has been involved with politics for the last 28 years, I believe that the Iranian people do not have the political system they deserve. If they were free to choose, they will choose freedom instead of suppression, and the democratic Islam instead of fundamentalism. I believe that in near future, a free Iran will accomplish, because it has its fair resistance and also its supporters like you,” said former European Commission president José Manuel Barroso.

 

Delegations from Arab and European countries also attended the gathering and delivered speeches.

© 2016 heshmat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on July 9, 2016
Last Updated on July 9, 2016
Tags: Iran, freedom, human rights, terrorism

Author

heshmat
heshmat

bellevue, WA



About
I am a social and political activist seeking freedom and democracy more..

Writing