Curse on Nature

Curse on Nature

A Story by Hasventhran Baskaran
"

It's always had been us

"

  The worst ever curse to be upon our beautiful planet, Earth is us, humans. From a lush green planet, our world is decaying slowly to barren lands. The natural resources are meant to be shared by all the living organisms to live in perfect harmony. We are co-existing with flora and fauna, yet the selfish nature and greed had consumed us. Countless species have extinct in the wake of rapid deforestation to aid the need of skyscrapers. To add more misery, the fire that burning in the name of industrial sector is melting the North Pole, due to global warming. We are killing the earth, the other living organisms and finally us. This is our very own mistake. Maybe the world would have been a better place without humans or, if the Stone Age men never discovered fire and didn’t evolved in terms of intelligence. Nature is meant to be admired and preserved, not to be exploited.

© 2017 Hasventhran Baskaran


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Definately a thought provoker of a piece. Sure as hell made me think. I don't really know how to review this, but what I will say is that it shows that you one of the rare few which cares about our planet. This much comes though very clear and precise. The world needs more people who care.

Pretty powerful read.

Mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hasventhran Baskaran

6 Years Ago

Thanks Mark
I agree with all the facts you have mentioned but disagree on one, fire was an important discovery and it is widely useful one cannot imagine life without it but the correct usage remains upon us. I feel so happy to know people are concerned about nature and earth. Well written it truly shows your concern and I agree that nature provides enough to satisfy ones need but not ones greed. I feel the title should be curse on nature not nature's curse at it gives a meaning that nature is cursing us. I hope you didn't mind me telling all this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hasventhran Baskaran

7 Years Ago

You were correct about the title too. What i meant about the title is, we humans are being the curse.. read more
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

Okay.......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2017
Last Updated on March 29, 2017
Tags: nature, humans, deforestation, global warming

Author

Hasventhran Baskaran
Hasventhran Baskaran

Rawang, Selangor, Malaysia



About
Writing stories for fun Do read to encourage me to write even better more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kindness Kindness

A Story by Joey Nizz


The End The End

A Poem by Giulia King