Fight

Fight

A Story by Terri
"

Part 2

"

“I am positive. Her brain isn’t working and her heart is barely beating.”

 

*                      *                      *                      *                      *

            “Awake, Brave one.”

            All of my senses were beginning to wake up. I expected to be back in the tree, but instead I saw Nothing.

            The swirling white was overpowering. There was a thick haze around me, but through the haze, I could see small splashes of color. Other’s escaping to Nothing. Some were more prominent than others. I had heard some ninja’s had committed to living in Nothing. Were the dark ones livers?

            A woman was there. She was wearing a silk I’d bet that the human’s hadn’t yet discovered.

            “Young Katilen, danger lurks. Trust your instincts, and be brace hidden one. Awaken, and be silent.”

 

*                      *                      *                      *                      *

            Her heart picked up. My ear perked, the sound was still quiet. Barely faster, but faster. Humans wouldn’t be able to hear it, but it was there. The Hunters seemed too busy combing the forest to hear it.

            “Kat, please come with us. We do not wish to hurt you. The Society is your home!” My thoughts went out to the hidden. “The ways of the rouge do not have to be your destiny!” Katilen still wasn’t responding.

            “Her heart has picked up. She still shouldn’t be able to move, the heart is too slow for that. Katilen’s brain is inactive, but listen for any human movements.”

            “Are you forgetting she is a ninja? She may not have much training, but she is still silent. Why do you think we are searching?” Lumar, the old leader of the hunt, appeared at my side.

            “Maybe if you had listened better, she would be at The Society right now!” I told him.

            “We are wasting our time, Ja-mas. We might as well leave; she won’t be coming out.”

            “Listen to her heart! If we find her, the less work it is for us.”

            “What if she picked up another skill? Like keeping her heart barely working while she runs? I have seen a few ninja’s with the ability.”

            “It took intense training for them to master it!”

            “Katilen is like nothing we have seen. She has eluded The Society for years. No rouge ninja has been able to do that with the minimal training she received. She might have been able to master it without any ones help.”

            “Go hunt, Lumar.”

 

*                      *                      *                      *                      *

           

~Terri

© 2009 Terri


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this story segment, particularly how it's the ponderings (of the unconscious mind?) are so very poetic, very full of abstract imagery (if that's possible). Very cool!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on April 10, 2009

Author

Terri
Terri

About
I mostly write about what I find interesting and you might find some of my personality mixed in with the main character in my stories. Please read my writing and give me reviews and feedback. If you f.. more..

Writing
Story Outline Story Outline

A Story by Terri


Pre-setting Pre-setting

A Chapter by Terri


Spy Haunting Spy Haunting

A Book by Terri