A side story of Alice

A side story of Alice

A Story by 5John17
"

A continuation to my other side story. Except this one is quite bad...

"

                                                              Alice side story

“Am I really that uncool?” Rein asked.      


Fufu, I chuckled.


“Nope, I think there are times you can be quite dazzling.”


“wwwhat?”Rein said blushing.


It was cute in a way to see how he turns beet red from a single compliment.


“Like when?” Rein asked with his face facing the floor.


“Like...” I mumbled softly.                             


“Sorry I couldn`t hear what you said, could you repeat, please” Rein says, now looking 

up, with curious eyes…


“hmm… nope, it’s a secret” I said with a sheepish smile.


“I knew it your just playing with me!” Rein said half angrily, in response to my teasing.


Well obviously, I couldn’t tell him when I thought he was cool. After all, that would be way too embarrassing.


There was many times that I thought Rein was cool, but the very first time when I  thought Rein was cool, was when he looked after me when we were still kids. It was when I had a fever… 

That day I woke up with a burning sensation at my temple.

But, seeing how my parents were busy, I lied to them that I was fine. Well, I lied to my mother to be exact. My father was a bit of an air head so he didn’t even notice I was behaving differently.  Anyways ignoring him, my mother saw that I was acting a bit light headed. So she said “darling are you okay?”…


Since I did not want her to worry, I put on a big smile and said “Don`t worry mummy. I will be fine after a bit of rest. I just have a small headache.”

I guess my mother had some important meeting that day so she didn`t check my forehead. Instead, she just said “okay, but call me immediately if anything is wrong” and rushed off.


 Minutes after my parents left for work, I greatly regretted pretending to be okay.

It hurt so much. I felt like I was being roasted alive…

 “I hate being sick” I screamed with a coarse voice. Naturally no one is there to listen to my rant…  


Realising that I was alone made me start to feel gloomy.


“No no, think positive,” I told myself as I slap my cheeks and put on a smile. Let`s do what I need to do and get some rest.


I take the medication, the one that mother always give me when I have a fever. After that I stumble to my bed and immediately throw myself on it… I try to sleep but I can’t. No matter how much I twist and turn, I just can’t sleep… How much time have gone by since I tried to sleep? I look at the clock. Its 10 a.m. An hour has passed since I tried sleeping.

 Feeling helpless I start to cry. It`s so hard to sleep when I have a fever. And it`s so painful to be sick alone.


Should I call mummy?

No she is too busy and I don`t want to worry her.

Who else can I depend on?


Still stuck in my previous thought, I hear the doorbell ring.


Did mommy come back? I start to feel a bit of hope. I use my remaining ounce of energy to go to the front door. I open the door and immediately my heart sank. Standing in front of me was just my neighbor, Rein.


Cough* Cough* Cough*


I try to speak but was too exhausted. And with exhausting the last bit of my energy, I collapsed on the floor. I wake up feeling a moist damp cloth on my forehead. My forehead still feels hot, but definitely much lesser than before.


 “Don’t exert yourself too much” says a voice.

Right, it belongs to Rein…      

 

Wait, what was he doing in my room?

Let`s see there is a cloth on my head. I see, Rein was nursing me.


“Try to get some rest, it seems you still have a bit of fever.” Rein says gently.”


“I know it painful to be sick and alone…


“yeah right what do you know?” I say weakly.


He pauses for a while, look up at the ceiling and then continues.

Well spending so much time with an idiot, I Know that you probably lied to your parents about being fine. After all, you’re the type of person who hates worrying her loved ones. But don`t worry, I am not your parent, I am your idiot friend that will stay by your side until you recover” Rein said with a really warm smile.


Snifle. Snifle.


For some reason I start to cry.  And my chest feels warm. Why? I see, I am crying cause I don`t have to suffer alone anymore.


“Hey, don’t cry. I apologise if I said something mean.” Rein says.


“Thanks” I said with a smiling face.


I cast my eyes on the floor, hiding my blushing face.


 “I have a favour, can you hold my hand until I fall asleep?”


“Sure”, Rein says as he grips my hands.


As he holds my hand, a sense of peacefulness and tranquility surge through me.  I guess it`s nice to have someone care for you once in a while.


And with that thought, I soon fall asleep…


Looking back now, I think that one of the reason that made me consider Rein as someone who I can trust and someone that is precious to me.

© 2016 5John17


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on August 9, 2016
Last Updated on August 9, 2016

Author

5John17
5John17

Singapore



About
I am 19 more..

Writing
Bitter Sweet Bitter Sweet

A Story by 5John17