The 17th Rein

The 17th Rein

A Story by 5John17
"

Well it is in the text :)

"

Prologue.


A children`s dream.


When you’re a kid, you believe that anything is possible.


Be it a Doctor, Astronaut, Cop, Artist, Novelist or Engineer. As long as you have the passion for something, you can get your desired job. As a kid, this kind of thinking is not a bad thing. After all, this belief allows you to stand tall and proud in class, and say with every conviction, that one day you want to be a … ( insert whatever you want to be)


But when you grow up this belief is just harmful. No, harmful would be an understatement. One should instead coin it destructive. After all, the belief that anyone can be what they want is just plain ridiculous. Chasing your dream with just passion will only cause great suffering when you fail. In fact, it will probably hurt so much that your eyes will probably cry until your eyes hurt. And you will probably lose your appetite to eat for days, to the point you become so pale and cant even recognize your reflection. All this suffering because you realise passion doesn`t cut it. And that at the end of the day the reason that you failed, was simply because you weren`t good enough. Indeed reality is harsh. The truth is that not everyone can be what they want to be.


Well, it`s not really a bad thing to realise this cold truth. Discovering this truth is a process of growing. Sure , you probably feel like crap, no,  more like you feel your entire life was garbage when you devoted your life into doing something you love, only to hit a rock, and realise that you just weren`t meant to do what you love in the first place. After all, just look at the meagre wages of the people who graduate from university. They are barely making enough to go by every day.  So, the sooner you quit chasing your ideal, the better. Then you can focus on considering the options to make a decent living. Well, if you are talented in what you love, then by all means go ahead and do what you love. Perhaps you may become the next Steve Jobs. But chances of that happening are slim…


Well, at least this is what many rationale people think. But I do believe that nothing is actually impossible…


If the world says it’s difficult to be a novelist. Prove them wrong. Take as many part time job as you need, and live life, staying true to yourself. Don`t let the pain of rejection stop you. Instead turn it into a weapon. Pour out every last bit of that pain into your writing.  And don’t just stop there, add your feeling of happiness too. Etch your very existence into your story. If you can, I believe that you will definitely succeed.


And without further ado, this is my story.


It is about a boy, name Rein, who for the longest time has been chasing after his elder brother`s shadow. He believes that as long as he keep chasing his brother, he will one day reach him. But reality has a different story for him. A story of great suffering, but also a story of  great happiness. A story, where there is a rainbow after the rain.
 Please enjoy. 

 

© 2016 5John17


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Extremely powerful! I love it already. This story's worldview is gripping and strong, and I already can't wait to read that story from the ending cliffhanger. Write more!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

5John17

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words .
its really means a lot to me to hear that someone enjoy.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016

Author

5John17
5John17

Singapore



About
I am 19 more..

Writing
Bitter Sweet Bitter Sweet

A Story by 5John17