Life at its fullest

Life at its fullest

A Story by 5John17
"

a story revolving youths discovering the purpose of life

"

Prologue: His beginning in a broken world

 

I want to be faster, so that I won`t miss an opportunity again. I want to be able to draw so vividly, so I can etch my life into the world. I want to be wiser so that I can re balance the scales of the world. Great ambitions are usually brought about by harsh environments. They empower us to start with a blazing fire and put us on the path for greatness. However, even the brightest flame are put out quickly without oxygen. And more often than not, in a world that was broken from the beginning, there never was enough oxygen to help us live well. Though, it did provide us with oxygen to live, it did nothing else, except exist in about 20 per cent of the air around us. Maybe the percentage of air is wrong. After all being alive is easy, but living life is suffocating.   So I always ask myself why? Is it because man have intoxicated the air with their inhumane qualities?  Is that why everyone wear such thick masks covering their faces. Well, not that I don`t understand. After all, it`s because progress only happens when one sacrifices his friends. If one shows empathy or sympathy, he can never move faster, nor climb higher. What then is the best thing to do? That`s to isolate oneself from the beginning, ignorance is bliss after all. If your presence was never acknowledged, you would not be able to hurt others. So I choose to live my life earnestly, devoid of the fake interactions of life.

Name: Rein.

Great, I finished my report on why I wish to work alone instead of a group. Now, I just have to submit it tomorrow.

Good job and good night me. 

© 2017 5John17


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seems angsty and unfocused.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow, this is...just wow. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 1, 2017
Last Updated on July 1, 2017

Author

5John17
5John17

Singapore



About
I am 19 more..

Writing
Bitter Sweet Bitter Sweet

A Story by 5John17