Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Hollywood
"

The Quest is beginning

"

Chapter Two:

The man who lives at the end of town is named, Saber. His hut is carved into a small hill, the dark forest is his back yard. There seem to be no windows in his home which might explain his pale skin. His hair being in total contrast to his ghostly complexion is black, and waist length. People have rumored that he knows all the ancient legends along with that he fools with witchcraft. How most people keep dogs, he will only keep cats. They surrounded his hut like his guardians, all their orange red eyes are glued onto Kain, Thad, and Ivin as they approach.

“I’m not so sure if this was a good idea or not,” Ivin whispers as if he didn’t want the cats to hear.

“Shush up, we need this man’s help” Kain responds, annoyed by the questioning of his methods.

“Halt!” Shouts a female voice. The three look confused, they glance around but see no one at eye level. A black cat jumps on to a tall rock, meeting their gazes, “You have no business here.”

“Holy s**t!” Thad yells, jumping back, he’s startled by this talking animal.

“We are only here for advice, it is very important, we wish to speak to Saber,” Kain explains to the red eyed cat before glancing around noticing a horde of cats are slowly circling in on their group. Kain goes on to say, “We don’t mean any harm, we just need to speak to Saber.” Kain’s voice is more urgent now since the cat horde is almost upon them.

“Rena! You quit scaring these gentleman, I’ve been expecting them all week.” It’s Saber standing in his doorway, dressed in solid black. He looks almost like a spirit walking among the living. Saber waves us into his home, but the three look at Rena first.

There’s a chuckle from inside and then a female‘s voice, “No need to fear Rena, she just get’s a bit protective.” The hut inside was attractive, beautifully decorated with paintings and tapestries. Even the furniture was elegant.

“Hello, I’m Saber’s wife, Olivia.” Olivia was short, and plump; However, curvaceous. Her hips were broad and her chest filled out her black corset quite nicely. A large amulet necklace fell between her cleavage, sparkling earrings hung to her shoulders and rings worn on every finger.

The three exchanged their greetings with Olivia before Saber pulls them into a back room. It’s lit with only one candle at the center of a table. The four take their seats, “I know why you have come,” says Saber, “you seek the next ring.”

Kain nods, while the others sit motionless. “How do you know we were coming?” Kain questions.

“I have eyes every where in the forest. Now getting down to business the next ring you can find is the ring of Love,” Saber informs them.

Ivin and Thad both let out a chuckle, “The ring of Love?” Thad questions.

Saber gives both Thad and Ivin a straight stare, “Yes,” he answers slowly, “However feminine it may sound, Love is truly powerful. Imagine your own foot soldiers that would do your every whim, imagine the power one person could have over a mass of others. It sounds quite ‘girly’ as you two blacksmiths might put it but it Love balances out hatred in the world.”

Thad nods, and Ivin just presses his head against his fist with a blank stare.

“So how can we find the ring?” Kain asks eagerly.

To which Saber responds, “It will be a very difficult journey, you must go through the dark forest, you will be faced by the toughest of demons and witches that will try to trick you. I’ve heard tales of corruption coming from the lands of the East, you must travel to the capital, Eros.”

 



© 2010 Hollywood


Author's Note

Hollywood
Still working on it, but give me some feed-back please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
Added on January 25, 2010
Last Updated on January 25, 2010


Author

Hollywood
Hollywood

Stockton, CA



About
I'm Holly, I am eighteen. I like feed-back on my writing to improve myself. I'm loud, sarcastic, always smiling. Sometimes vulgar, rude & judging. :] note: for read requests i generally read onl.. more..

Writing
Marbles Marbles

A Story by Hollywood