CHAPTER VI.   WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THAT DAY

CHAPTER VI. WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THAT DAY

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

I signed the contract about my painting job with mixed emotions…excitement, joy and a liitle fear.

"
CH



We reached the 7th floor. I am almost running to find the office of Mr. Morales when I saw that man seems following me.

“My God! Does he like me?” my brain cells seem celebrating a feast. I don’t know how an adult like me feels this way like a teenager.

When I found out the door of Mr. Morales’ office, I glance once more to the man who happens to be going in the same direction. And like what had happened in the elevator, faster than my attempt to knock at the door, he has that long arm to  reach the doorknob. The  door opened and there a beautiful lady greets him a “Good morning, Sir!” while getting his medium-sized attaché case.

My God! He is my client today. He is Mr. Morales!

I can’t move for a moment . Unintentionally, I looked at my wristwatch. It is already 8:20 am.

Trying to revive myself from that shock, I knocked at the door. The secretary opened it and welcomed me with a smile.

“Are you Miss Clarisse Vicente?”

“Yes.”

“ I am Miss Santos, the one who called you last Friday. I am Mr. Morales’ secretary. Please sit down.”

I take the seat facing at the door of Mr. Morales’ private room.

“Well, Miss Vicente, I am sorry  that Mr. Morales couldn’t be able to talk to you personally now because he has an emergency task today. But he instructed me what to do, so I am the one who will discuss to you the contract about this job.”

I just smiled and listened to Miss Santos as she discuss the terms and agreement in the contract.

“Okay, Miss Vicente. You are hired for this job. This is his picture. You have to finish the painting within one month.”

I signed the contract about my painting job with mixed emotions…excitement, joy and a little fear.



© 2013 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
LOL ~ this is what i was talking about in the last review ~ why did you put that chapter ahead of this ? hmmm... anyways i can laugh it now...hehehe

so far i could say ~ ang bilis ng takbo ng storya that something like a small details of info are left behind but that didn't hinder on my understanding on the story line ~
good chapter !

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Sorry, Pax ha? Mahilig kasi ako sa flashback. Hehe. At least you know now what really happened that .. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

no probs ~ it was entertainingly surprising... :D



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
LOL ~ this is what i was talking about in the last review ~ why did you put that chapter ahead of this ? hmmm... anyways i can laugh it now...hehehe

so far i could say ~ ang bilis ng takbo ng storya that something like a small details of info are left behind but that didn't hinder on my understanding on the story line ~
good chapter !

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Sorry, Pax ha? Mahilig kasi ako sa flashback. Hehe. At least you know now what really happened that .. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

no probs ~ it was entertainingly surprising... :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013
Tags: contract, painting, job


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing