CHAPTER XII.   START OF THE JOB

CHAPTER XII. START OF THE JOB

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

It was the first day of my job. “A job well-done to me!” I congratulated myself.

"

“So, what can you say about this place?” Miguel asked me.  We are having our breakfast now.

“It’s really nice here, Miguel!” I said.

 Nicko is looking at me in a disgust.

“N-No! I am your…”

“Okay, Nicko. She is Miss Clarrise. I hired her to be your private tutor in your painting lessons. You want to paint, isn’t it? So I hired her. She’ s a nice woman.”

I smiled to Nicko but the boy remains looking at me in disgust and then run away.

“Nicko!” he called him.

“It’s okay, Miguel. I’ll see what I can do with this,” I said while standing.  I will talk to Nicko. We should be friends so that it would be easy for him to learn painting.

 

“Nicko, let’s be friends, please. I want to teach you how to paint,” I said while arranging my tools and materials in painting. I found out Nicko at the garden.

“Are you really good in painting?” Nicko asked me. The boy  seems friendly now. Maybe because he really wants painting.

“Oh, yes Nicko. I know how to paint flowers, trees, birds, sea, river, and even your face,” I said to encourage more the boy to befriend me.

“Wow! I really like painting, too! Can you  show me how to paint?” he asked me.

“What do you want me to paint?”

“I like you to paint those flowers. Those are my mom’s…” his voice becomes shaky and tears are likely to fall down from his eyes.

“Okay, Nicko. Don’t cry. I will paint those flowers for you. Just smile. If you will smile, the painting will look good.”

“”Really?”

“Yes. The emotion of the painter can affect his painting. If you will be sad, I’ll be sad, too. And I cannot be able to finish a good painting because I am sad,” I explained to him.

“Okay, Miss Clarrise. I will smile now so that your painting will be good.”

“That’s my boy!”

The day has ended that I became friends with Nicko. It seems that the painting will bind our friendship. After I finished a simple painting of  the flowers in the garden, the boy kissed me on my cheek. He thanked me  and started to smile when  I  told him some funny stories.

It was the first day of my  job.

“A job well-done to me!” I congratulated myself.



© 2013 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read from the previous chapter that Nico is a lonesome boy, to asked Ms. Vicente as his dad girlfriend I think contradict the very nature of the boy, and I think there is need to explore the attitude of Nico as he is a lonsome one so that means he is a reserved shy type kind of kid so there is a need to illustrate the boy before the scene he asked those question reagrding his dad gf. But this is a good chapter if you explore it you can paint good emotions here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
I found (delete out) Nicko at the garden.

there are some real facts here(atleast for me) ~ when i paint emotions comes in and out ~ when my mood is distracted with the commotion around me ~ i stop what i am doing coz i know ~ i will ruin it if my emotion isn't right ~ that is why i need a peaceful place to do my work.

good chapter kabayan~

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Pax. ;)
I read from the previous chapter that Nico is a lonesome boy, to asked Ms. Vicente as his dad girlfriend I think contradict the very nature of the boy, and I think there is need to explore the attitude of Nico as he is a lonsome one so that means he is a reserved shy type kind of kid so there is a need to illustrate the boy before the scene he asked those question reagrding his dad gf. But this is a good chapter if you explore it you can paint good emotions here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013
Tags: job, start, painting


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing