CHAPTER  X. MISTAKEN

CHAPTER X. MISTAKEN

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

        “Thank you Rico,” I said while holding the door to close it.

        “Thank you, too Clarisse. I really enjoyed the day.” He said.

        “R-Rico,” I called his name. I don’t know but I want at this time to make him feel I really appreciate his sacrifices for me.

        He turned back and asked me why. His face is too close to mine.

        I just want to kiss him, a thank you kiss on his cheek. But when I acted to kiss him (on is cheek), he moved his face and there he made that passionate kiss I don't know how should I react.

 


 

        I can’t sleep. What  Rico has done was not that rude because we both know from the start that he likes me and we have a deal. I did not react with anything because he’s been too good to me. What kind of situation am I in? I’m trying to love Rico but everytime he tends to be that sweet boyfriend, I only remember and long for the days that I am with Miguel.

        I have to decide. I don’t want to make a fool of myself again. I still love Miguel. I don’t love Rico, and he should not suffer on this one-sided affair.

 


        “Good morning, sweetheart!” Rico greeted me on the phone.

        “R-Rico, we have to talk today.”

        “I have a meeting with the administration of the hospital this lunch time. I think we can meet on dinner?”

        “O-Okay, I’ll wait for you at dinner time,” I said.

 



 

        We are in an open restaurant at a romantic garden. The tables and benches are creatively arranged under the trees. Colorful lights make the atmosphere more romantic. Although he is busy, he never failed to do the best thing for me. Ah, I feel that guilt again. This is too much! This is really unfair to him.

        We are already sitting at the bench when I started the conversation. I took some deep breathes before I could find my own words. I don’t know but what I can’t forget is his expression of great failure!

        “R-Rico, can we please remain as friends? But please, I can’t lose you,” I said to him with teary eyes.

            “Friends… after all this time. Then, what was that last night? ” he said with bitterness.

            “That’s a friendly kiss.”

            “But it’s not for me. You know how much I like you.  I love you more than a friend.”

“I don’t want to be unfair to you, Rico,” I said.

“So I must go.”

“R-Rico, please…”

“Don’t make this too hard for me, Clarisse. You don’t love me. I am just a friend to you, but I love you more than a friend. That’s clear now. I have to go. You’re free now. It’s the end of the game.”

           

            He walks away while the raindrops start to fall.



© 2013 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
another fast track storyline... a bitter sweet end!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Fast track na. Hehehe. Napapagod na ako, wala namang nagre-review ng novella.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 18, 2013
Last Updated on December 28, 2013
Tags: mistaken, misunderstood


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing