Short Story 4.   THE ONLY CHOICE

Short Story 4. THE ONLY CHOICE

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

One night I had this dream

"


      One night I had this dream. I was walking along a trail in a forest. I was so afraid. I called for help...and then somebody came. It's you. You walked with me in my journey. I was so happy that somebody walked beside me. I knew I was not alone. Not anymore...

      But the trail was becoming so dangerous. I was wounded, and so were you. We continued to walk...and walk. Until I finally saw you running away from me.

          "Wait!" I shouted while trying to follow you.
        "I don't know you. I have my own journey. I'm sorry," you shouted back.

        What shall I do? I tried to follow you but you were already out of my sight. I waited for an hour...which turned into day. It's becoming darker and I feel more scared. Shall I wait for more hours... or days? I give up! I won't wait any longer. You left me with no choice but to walk on my own. I have to be stronger. I have to reach the end of the trail.
So I walked alone...for it was my only choice.


     



© 2014 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


Author's Note

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Hope you enjoy the video of this piece.



My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is so far my favorite from you. (you've written a lot :)) this felt like a splash of water. those moments that you thought you're not alone, then it'll turn out that...well.. you are now. But we persist for our own reasons.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

lol. It's okay. I'm the comedian here anyway. Hehe.
Eduardo Bautista

10 Years Ago

hala, sorry. :(
Sometime we have no choice. We must walk alone. I like the thoughts in the story. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Ahaha. CP, you're opening chapters of my book. Thank you for such effort.
Very touching to be the strength u need some time when most choice is to face your fear

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the R&R, Praiser. :)
It could be a lover that you mean here or a right path you have taken in life or a cherished child that you were blessed with...A great write...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

None of the above. Lol.

Sometimes in my life, I cherished a friend only to realize it's.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Just like a new day...a new morn... I am now a new Dhaye- with a formatted memory like my CPU. Lol... read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

I understand...You are welcome...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2617 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2014
Tags: choice, road, run, walk

COMPLICATED (Life's Twists and Turns)


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing