Short Story 2.    Two Letters From Earth

Short Story 2. Two Letters From Earth

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

How many can see what I see? How many can feel what I feel? ---Earth

"

Dear Wind,

 

I see you again. I want to talk to you but my disability today won’t give me the chance to do it. I’m already mute and deaf. So I became contented watching you while swaying and dancing just like before. I smile when I see you doing that. You’re so beautiful when you dance. How I wish I could dance with you just like before. But I’m afraid you will just refuse and leave.

 

I want you to know that I just lost my voice but not my heart. I cannot hear but I can see. So I can feel you, and can see you every time you’re here.

 

I want to see you dancing forever. Your happiness is also my joy.  I will live with enough Wind. I breathe with you…because I am the Earth.

 


Yours,

Earth

***

 


Dear Rain,

 

I want to thank you for coming into my life. You made me feel valuable after being barren for some time. Now, I feel that more plants will grow on my bosom. I feel great.

 

I always see you dancing while singing. You are talented. I love to see you often with those moves and tones. They make me inspired.

 

But it seems that too much water will make me become muddy and slippery. Yesterday, a little girl walked on me and she slipped and fell. I pity her but I can’t do anything.

 

I hope that next time I know already how to absorb enough water to make people safer on my lap. I am still learning how to make everything balance in your presence.


Thank you so much.


Yours,

Earth

 



© 2013 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Two amazing letters. I like them both. Letters are more personal and strong. We can tell a complete story in a letter and can hold the paper forever if we needed. No weakness in the amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love the ideas which you demonstrate here, of writing to the wind and the rain, which you have accomplished with success, good work here my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Sheema.
SHEEMA HUQ

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome, have a great one
Hmmm Conversation between Earth and Rain . I suggest if you would and if it looks good for you to rename the title. Just a suggestion

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Haha! It's not a conversation between earth and rain. The earth send a letter to the both of them: w.. read more
NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Opps wrong interpretation Dhaye ...
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

I understand. Please read the description above (under the title).
Thanks, Neil.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2013
Last Updated on November 7, 2013
Tags: personification, wind, earth, rain, dance, sing, friend


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing